Bike Hub: 2021 Year in Review

Bike Hub Features

40 minutes ago, MORNE said:

I know! Sorry if i came across as sarcastic haha. It wasn't meant to be. All i meant was i tried to find more important things to โ€˜wasteโ€™ my time on lol

I get that the โ€˜lowest form of humorโ€™ is my my default mode on here๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜…

Nah, didn't read it as sarcastic at all. Made a lot of sense to me.ย ๐Ÿ˜‡

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/12/2022 at 8:01 AM, Wannabe said:

Interesting stats.

How about adding a section for "Longest / oldest Hub member" Hopefully my name will then be on the wall of fame....... Lol.ย 

We can look at a long service award in future editions. We're talking Hub account age and not actual age, right?ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

But for 2021 you're the 3rd most prolific poster*
*Of the members who registered in 2004
Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 11.37.13.png

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

We can look at a long service award in future editions. We're talking Hub account age and not actual age, right?ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

Eddy went large in 2004!

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Yoh, Spidey has been around these parts of cyberspace for such a long time.ย ๐Ÿ•ท๏ธ

Edited by 'Dale

km/ year vs posts, now that will be fun to see

ย 

Rouxtjie (spelling) type scenarioย  X amount of km/yearย  vs being taken seriouslyย ๐Ÿคช

Edited by DIPSLICK

1 minute ago, DIPSLICK said:

4.9 km / post for me for 2021

On 1/12/2022 at 9:19 AM, JA-Q001 said:

There are a few things that I think skews the sales figures a lot.

A lot of guys put a lot of stuff into one advert (especially shops). These sales never gets reported as sales and no price is ever attached. I would remove the ability to list more than one item per advert (a groupset is seen as one item)

And also, seems like Bikehubpay is a good income generator.ย ๐Ÿ˜Žย It does work however.

We're conscious that a number of factors will skew that top line listings value ofย R 723 million. As you mention, some ads combine items and use a placeholder price (e.g. R123) which under reports value, while other users repeat ads which over reports. Strictly speaking neither is a behaviour we allow or encourage but both would have a relatively small impact on this number.

Actual sales enabled by Bike Hub is the more meaningful figure and the user-reported figure for 2021 was R246 million. While significant, we know this is well under the actual figure since 60% of ads posted are either deleted (instead of marked sold) or left to expire without feedback on sold status.ย 

3 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

ย 

Rouxtjie (spelling) type scenarioย  X amount of km/yearย  vs being taken seriouslyย ๐Ÿคช

That would be a fun Strava integration projectย :Dย 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

We're conscious that a number of factors will skew that top line listings value ofย R 723 million. As you mention, some ads combine items and use a placeholder price (e.g. R123) which under reports value, while other users repeat ads which over reports. Strictly speaking neither is a behaviour we allow or encourage but both would have a relatively small impact on this number.

Actual sales enabled by Bike Hub is the more meaningful figure and the user-reported figure for 2021 was R246 million. While significant, we know this is well under the actual figure since 60% of ads posted are either deleted (instead of marked sold) or left to expire without feedback on sold status.ย 

break that figure down per day and the number is large (if my maffs has not failed me)

thats alot of money changing hands on a daily basis

Edited by ouzo

15 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

ย 

ย 

23 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

ย 

9.06 Km per post,

or

20min ride time per post.

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

ย 

9.06 Km per post,

or

20min ride time per post.

thats very acceptable,, I will take you more seriously from now onย ๐Ÿคช

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Thanks Matt.

Yeah, like a "long service award" At least I'm on the podium, if you look at it like that. Lol....

Edited by Wannabe

On 1/12/2022 at 10:35 AM, Frosty said:

That said, here's the top 10 since 2015.
Surprisingly, no-one has been in the top 10 every year.

image.png.f00961640cf86bbe5fda729c268527ec.png

i think i have cheated your system by changing my name a few times over the year! rider #35 and "my stuff" was me too

On 1/12/2022 at 11:10 AM, DIPSLICK said:

I AM, I do follow it, its just frustrating as I had to get friends of friends to get hold of 2 bikes I wanted because the sellers were not responding on the DM I know the one bike is still available and till today no response, saying that I have bought numerous other toys no issues I just think some of the sellers who come here only to sell do not know how to navigate the hub, and I think there are many sales falling through the CRACK

i HAVE SAID many times its not my business its not my call, but the picking apart of a ad. does not help the seller as the not "playing on the thread"ย 

If the seller doesn't want to put a phone number/email or other contact form then how will comments make a difference? they're probably not even logging back in at all.

ย 

ย