Bike Hub: 2021 Year in Review

Bike Hub Features

2 hours ago, Matt said:

We can look at a long service award in future editions. We're talking Hub account age and not actual age, right? 😉

But for 2021 you're the 3rd most prolific poster*
*Of the members who registered in 2004
Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 11.37.13.png

some updates for me here then!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/12/2022 at 7:51 AM, jcza said:

Top 10 Most Replied-to Topics

1. Petition: Bring Back the Classifieds Comments - 4,991 comments

Talking about "Bring Back the.... "

I wish Admin would bring back allow or create some form of thread where we can discuss any non cycling related topics

For example, CV19, Politics etc.... 

Bikehub IMHO is poorer for the lack of diversity. As a long time hubber since 2005 and an expat who will never use the classifieds, this was the primary reason i did not renew my bikehub plus membership.

Jaaa i know, poeping against thunder 

Edited by SwissVan
spelling

35 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

If the seller doesn't want to put a phone number/email or other contact form then how will comments make a difference? they're probably not even logging back in at all.

very possible, all I know after I took a break from the hub, I battled navigating through the new hub, I`m old and learn slow, I came back primarily for the classifieds (have the bank damage to show it) I raised the point before call me old school but when I see SOLD by,,, old school(me) thinks its sold (not for sale) as said before i missed 2 bikes as a result of MY ERROR

as I said the "new" hub took me some getting used to especially the PM side of things,, 

my simpleton thinking is every time he looks AT HIS AD  he sees the comments,,, anyway dead horse,, ill stay in my lane

23 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Talking about "Bring Back the.... "

I wish Admin would bring back allow or create some form of thread where we can discuss any non cycling related topics

For example, CV19, Politics etc.... 

Bikehub IMHO is poorer for the lack of diversity. As a long time hubber since 2005 and an expat who will never use the classifieds, this was the primary reason i did not renew my bikehub plus membership.

Jaaa i know, poeping against thunder 

There is still a chit chat non cycling related section?

It just doesn't include 2 things. The 2 things you mentioned

https://forum.bikehub.co.za/forum/14-chit-chat/

Edited by Jewbacca

2 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

thats very acceptable,, I will take you more seriously from now on 🤪

I was sweating, in case the threshold limit was 10 😉

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

i think i have cheated your system by changing my name a few times over the year! rider #35 and "my stuff" was me too

I merged some of the names of the people I know of, eg. Myles had three different names over time.

Updated, and swapped around, so the legend matches the colours on the graph (from left to right).
image.png.e8cf856bb0fb385f17c07d47dda14e01.png

Edited by Frosty

4 hours ago, Matt said:

We're conscious that a number of factors will skew that top line listings value of R 723 million. As you mention, some ads combine items and use a placeholder price (e.g. R123) which under reports value, while other users repeat ads which over reports. Strictly speaking neither is a behaviour we allow or encourage but both would have a relatively small impact on this number.

Actual sales enabled by Bike Hub is the more meaningful figure and the user-reported figure for 2021 was R246 million. While significant, we know this is well under the actual figure since 60% of ads posted are either deleted (instead of marked sold) or left to expire without feedback on sold status. 

@Matt why not then only have an option of expired and sold.

Is delete add a requirement? 

I'm at blame,  once sold I always delete 🤦🏽

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

I merged some of the names of the people I know of, eg. Myles had three different names over time.

Updated, and swapped around, so the legend matches the colours on the graph (from left to right).
image.png.e8cf856bb0fb385f17c07d47dda14e01.png

can't believe i made this list 🙈

30 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

can't believe i made this list 🙈

Making the podium in the petition thread takes hard work and dedication😅 

10 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Nice try……Es ist verboten:

Chit chat

General off-topic discussions; excluding topics relating to current affairs, religion, and politics

I don't even discuss those 3 things with my family! hahaha

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I don't even discuss those 3 things with my family! hahaha

unless of course one is looking for a 'warning point' from a moderator (wife) because one is out to step on some toes at the sunday braai😅

21 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

km/ year vs posts, now that will be fun to see

Rouxtjie (spelling) type scenario  X amount of km/year  vs being taken seriously 🤪

Hard one .... on average I had 900km per month only commuting, when working in town before Covid ... now I am too embarrassed to even thing about what mileage I am doing.

25 minutes ago, madmarc said:

What about a stolen bike stat - qty by province ?

I am sure those numbers are higher than the sales in the classifieds ......

1 hour ago, madmarc said:

What about a stolen bike stat - qty by province ?

my money is on the cape by far,,,,, we used to live in gangsters paradise now its just Gauteng

the cape must take that "prize"