UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

53 minutes ago, babse said:

hmmmmm...

Check okes he passed... none could even hold his wheel. This is the best of the best he made look like school kids (Sarrou, an ex World champ lasted a few seconds trying to get a ride back to the front).

Yes is was the last lap and half and everyone was spent. Nino is 36, compared to the kids around him surely he should have been more spent, yet he rode almost half a lap with pup wiel, and still power to come back to lead group and take 3rd.

Phenomenal in my view.

HA must have died inside when Nino passed him on that climb 🤣

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, babse said:

hmmmmm...

Check okes he passed... none could even hold his wheel. This is the best of the best he made look like school kids (Sarrou, an ex World champ lasted a few seconds trying to get a ride back to the front).

Yes is was the last lap and half and everyone was spent. Nino is 36, compared to the kids around him surely he should have been more spent, yet he rode almost half a lap with pup wiel, and still power to come back to lead group and take 3rd.

Phenomenal in my view.

Try riding with a rear flat on an MTB. Try doing that on a climb most of us would walk. Then pull back something like 38 sec in one lap....not to mention keeping your **** together all the while you're going backwards and trying not to get involved changing the rear wheel....I think Nino's comeback was incredible!

Yip, nobody went with Nino when he came past.

I agree with everyone, what Nino did was hectic. Piddy did not seem great the whole race. When it comes to the sprint on the tar, at the end, everyone who was second waited and then sprinted to take the win. Element of surprise. Getting back to the previous short track, to me that track suites hard tails, wonder why anyone did not opt for that. 

Its a bit concerning the number of punctures Nino get, during the Epic and now again.

Maybe time to seriously consider a change in tire brand/model ?

Edit:  As far as I know most of his punctures are on the rear wheel.  I'm using Aspens 2.4 for a while now with zero issues.  Maybe his version on the back is just to "racy & thin".

Edited by TheoG

11 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Try riding with a rear flat on an MTB. Try doing that on a climb most of us would walk. Then pull back something like 38 sec in one lap....not to mention keeping your **** together all the while you're going backwards and trying not to get involved changing the rear wheel....I think Nino's comeback was incredible!

Yip, nobody went with Nino when he came past.

now now @babsehas never ever passed anyone on a climb, so has no idea what is involved.....he however is a pro at being passed on a climb, a flat section of gravel or tar, single track or just about anywhere.

17 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

I agree with everyone, what Nino did was hectic. Piddy did not seem great the whole race. When it comes to the sprint on the tar, at the end, everyone who was second waited and then sprinted to take the win. Element of surprise. Getting back to the previous short track, to me that track suites hard tails, wonder why anyone did not opt for that. 

I think you have to use the same bike in XCO that you use in XCC. 

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

Does anyone find it entertaining though ? Most XCC events don't have any technical bits and are actually pretty boring (except when AH wins, obviously)

It's about as technical as the 100m sprint in athletics, and no one finds that entertaining.

56 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

I agree with everyone, what Nino did was hectic. Piddy did not seem great the whole race. When it comes to the sprint on the tar, at the end, everyone who was second waited and then sprinted to take the win. Element of surprise. Getting back to the previous short track, to me that track suites hard tails, wonder why anyone did not opt for 

Are you referring to this, the latest short track or the previous? You have to ride the same bike on Sunday..  

14 minutes ago, Trashy said:

It's about as technical as the 100m sprint in athletics, and no one finds that entertaining.

I found it seriously entertaining due to how competitive it was. Sometimes the track is more technical and sometimes not. I for one don't want to see it get too similar to motorcycle Trials/foot ups and prefer to watch it as an athletic contest.

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

Its a bit concerning the number of punctures Nino get, during the Epic and now again.

Maybe time to seriously consider a change in tire brand/model ?

Edit:  As far as I know most of his punctures are on the rear wheel.  I'm using Aspens 2.4 for a while now with zero issues.  Maybe his version on the back is just to "racy & thin".

Ninos tyres are quite different to what most of us ride and like someone mentioned here in a previous thread - he rides a lightweight version, I forget the model - ss do most of the field and you can't paint the entire Maxxis range with the same brush. Nino has come out and said the flat was entirely his fault.

4 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Ninos tyres are quite different to what most of us ride and like someone mentioned here in a previous thread - he rides a lightweight version, I forget the model - ss do most of the field and you can't paint the entire Maxxis range with the same brush. Nino has come out and said the flat was entirely his fault.

Well all I know is with his luck I would want to ride the Epic with him…. 😂

1 hour ago, love2fly said:

I'm very aware his is very different.  I'm questioning it purely because he puncher so much and specifically at the rear ....

I am very happy with my Maxxis Aspen 2.4 and will gladly keep using them.

Edited by TheoG