UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

Alan right up there, again. Another solid ride by the man on a Scalpel.

Tom, what a sprint for a 59 kg racer:

"To be honest, I felt crap all race. It was a difficult race... I also had problems with my bike... I just had to keep my gap to Vlad... It was a completely different race... I would like to try the other World Cups too... seems to just be racing these two..."

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

How did Mariska and Candice do?

Mariske 55 (+11:39), Candice 31 (+7:39). 

Maybe just first time out? 

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

Might I suggest this gem, and keep an eye on the man in Green and Gold by the name of Burry something or other ... anyway, he eventually came in 5th.

I immediately also thought of this one!!

8 hours ago, Hairy said:

Hey .... clearly it made a difference .... let me go tell my wife we are done and then I can go racing and win a few podiums.

I met your wife..

good luck with that conversation 

ps : leave the motorbike to me in your will. I look forward to riding it home on Wednesday 

10 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Anyone notice the cape epic winner in 26th? Started back row too!

Yeah, I've been waiting for them to set the course alight but not yet. His mate looks like he's recovering from a big prang with lots of facial injuries.

Nine-Times Nino - I was done and dusted when he flatted, wow, that is the greatest comeback I have ever seen. Who comes on that strong to get back a minute or more on Pidcock! I am in awe!

38 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Yeah, I've been waiting for them to set the course alight but not yet. His mate looks like he's recovering from a big prang with lots of facial injuries.

Nine-Times Nino - I was done and dusted when he flatted, wow, that is the greatest comeback I have ever seen. Who comes on that strong to get back a minute or more on Pidcock! I am in awe!

Yea that was awesome, unfortunately he burnt too many matches to catch up and didn't have enough left to counter the final onslaught by Dascalo and Pidcock.

Edited by TheoG

On 5/14/2022 at 7:16 AM, Jewbacca said:

Entertainment?

Does anyone find it entertaining though ? Most XCC events don't have any technical bits and are actually pretty boring (except when AH wins, obviously)

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Does anyone find it entertaining though ? Most XCC events don't have any technical bits and are actually pretty boring (except when AH wins, obviously)

Sport is entertainment. XCC will find it's feet or it will die. 

At the moment it ads to the talking point and gets viewers excited for the weekend and talking about form, the riders etc in anticipation. It creates few extra eyes on telly, extra clicks and a lot of extra attention.

I guess not everything will appeal to everyone. That is the beauty of it. 

With the advancement and reliability of bikes, skills and science, there is a lot less drama than there used to be in XCO. So they needed to create a biuzz.

I think they should have done dual slalom eliminators or 4x, but pfffft

Great races, both of them, but the men's was probably the most entertaining. Nino did his best to help that along with his strategic flat 🙂 Pidcock is incredible, poor Vlad.

I didnt thin Nino's chase was all that phenomenal. The leading group had slowed by around 20sec per lap making it easier for him to catch up. It was still a spirited ride to podium 3rd so chapeau

56 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I didnt thin Nino's chase was all that phenomenal. The leading group had slowed by around 20sec per lap making it easier for him to catch up. It was still a spirited ride to podium 3rd so chapeau

hmmmmm...

Check okes he passed... none could even hold his wheel. This is the best of the best he made look like school kids (Sarrou, an ex World champ lasted a few seconds trying to get a ride back to the front).

Yes is was the last lap and half and everyone was spent. Nino is 36, compared to the kids around him surely he should have been more spent, yet he rode almost half a lap with pup wiel, and still power to come back to lead group and take 3rd.

Phenomenal in my view.