Is the Assos stuff a tad overpriced?

OVERDRIVE

3 minutes ago, W@nted said:

Which go cycle bib do you prefer? Sizing same as ciovita?

I only know the "race" and the "pro". I like the "pro" a little bit better because it's longer, but I think they are only available if you order customised kits. I just rode this morning on the IDT with the "race" one, and the padding is exactly the same, they feel the same on the bike.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Assos excellent and very good value...............as long as my sponsor kept buying it without a peep (Like most Assos fans it is "sponsored by yourself") Then my sponsor got sponsored by Kraft and he started thinking (got wise) that maybe Assos wasn't quite such good value..............but I still have a pair of Assos socks that has now outlasted every other piece of cycling kit I own.

50 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

you'd get arrested for public indecency if you wore it outdoors. Think of lingerie and cycling bibs having a baby

From the IDT to the bedroom. Noted. 

3 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

Talking about Ciovita, has anyone tried their Indoor bib? 

I nearly bought a pair a few years back when I bought my first Ciovita bib, luckily the saleman at the stand at the expo pointed out the revealing nature of the bibs before I even tried them on.

2 hours ago, DJR said:

….. I still have a pair of Assos socks that has now outlasted every other piece of cycling kit I own.

You triathlete you…..

41 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

5 years in both bibs and summer jersey - just can’t kill the kit. 

That is really is the big difference in my opinion.

Comfort is subjective, but the quality and longevity of Assos fabrics is hard to dispute.

There are other European brands which are arguably as good ... Santini, Nalini, Castelli etc.

That's when it comes down to who's offering a good special. 😊

2 hours ago, Thomo said:

That is really is the big difference in my opinion.

Comfort is subjective, but the quality and longevity of Assos fabrics is hard to dispute.

There are other European brands which are arguably as good ... Santini, Nalini, Castelli etc.

That's when it comes down to who's offering a good special. 😊

I have loved my Assos bibs but they all seem to suffer from the same thing - the leg elastics tend to lose their elasticity over time.

Just bought some new ones and I see the leg elastic has been beefed up somewhat, so clearly it was a known issue.

42 minutes ago, Rob K said:

... the leg elastics tend to lose their elasticity over time.

Must admit that I found similar with some S7 Mille bibs ... haven't noticed that with earlier/other models.

14 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Must admit that I found similar with some S7 Mille bibs ... haven't noticed that with earlier/other models.

Actually good point - mine are all S7 Mille - an older Neo is fine.

18 minutes ago, Rob K said:

Actually good point - mine are all S7 Mille - an older Neo is fine.

Actually I must correct this - mine are Assos T.Cento S7