Airspy - tire pressure monitoring

madmarc

A Takealot advert cam across my FB page for the Airspy Tire Pressure gadget thingamabob. Crazy price for a pair, but is suppose that's normal locally - I went onto their (SKS Germany) website and have some pretty cool kit - also read the review found here. Price online in Germany would be half the local price

https://nsmb.com/articles/sks-airspy-review/

Was wondering if anyone on here had pulled the trigger on a set and had an opinion. I think it would be a good way in getting your tire pressure on point before each ride, as well as once a puncture is fixed on the trail, we normally just bomb it to the max and carry on riding and sort it out once back home - Now on the trail one could bomb and adjust the pressure properly.

comments ?

1 hour ago, warick_wrx said:

Yes but you can't leave it attached to your wheel ! 

Adding weight to the worst possible place to add weight, rotating mass far from the axle.

Honestly 90% of people can't tell a 0.3bar difference in tyre pressure. Pump it up before and ride. 

1 minute ago, dave303e said:

Adding weight to the worst possible place to add weight, rotating mass far from the axle.

Honestly 90% of people can't tell a 0.3bar difference in tyre pressure. Pump it up before and ride. 

agreed. thumb press test works just fine for trailside inflation. Actually thumpress is all I ever use

16 minutes ago, dave303e said:

I don't think I'm that sensitive to bike changes, but for me tire pressure is critical.

I use a tire gauge before every ride.

I want to know I'm getting maximum grip without going so low I damage rims.

For trailside repairs, thumb test is fine, but it's not accurate enough for daily rides thanks.

17 minutes ago, dave303e said:

I dunno about that. 1 PSI too low and I ping rims, 2 PSI too high and I have no grip. And I don't consider myself a super sensitive rider, although I ride with some proper tweakers so my baseline may be a bit off.

OP - digital pocket gauge is the way IMO. Topeak D2 is the one that wins all the group tests consistently, and has a replaceable battery unlike the PRO one mentioned above. (No offence, Trashy, but disposable stuff must die.)

17 minutes ago, droo said:

I dunno about that. 1 PSI too low and I ping rims, 2 PSI too high and I have no grip. And I don't consider myself a super sensitive rider, although I ride with some proper tweakers so my baseline may be a bit off.

OP - digital pocket gauge is the way IMO. Topeak D2 is the one that wins all the group tests consistently, and has a replaceable battery unlike the PRO one mentioned above. (No offence, Trashy, but disposable stuff must die.)

I didn't realise the pro was disposable, that explains the low price.

I use a Blackburn honest gauge that I'm really happy with. 

25 minutes ago, droo said:

7 minutes ago, Trashy said:

I didn't realise the pro was disposable, that explains the low price.

I use a Blackburn honest gauge that I'm really happy with. 

I'm pretty sure my Pro tire gauge uses a cr2032 battery. 

3 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

I'm pretty sure my Pro tire gauge uses a cr2032 battery. 

It does, but it's soldered in. 

1 hour ago, droo said:

It does, but it's soldered in. 

New/latest generation pro is replaceable 

1 hour ago, Jono said:

New/latest generation pro is replaceable 

Good to know they've see the light.