Driver Pick-up, EFT Scam

Rallye

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I now have a new one-I tell them I live on a submarine and they can hire a boat to come out and fetch it for R3500 extra. Normally they go away but the one still asked for banking details, so I told him I would like it in live cattle, and the bull bulls must have a black patch on each testicle. 

He said he would look and get back to me 🤕

1 hour ago, ct_rider said:

Someone on Tik Tok has provided excellent guidelines on how to deal with this particular scam, where an Uber driver is part and parcel in collecting the goods. These guidelines are applicable within South Africa's jurisdiction.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSevwAYBN/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

this guy is KING 🤴🏾 

Similar, had the uber driver literally wanting to load electronics and leave and I told him to hang on until funds cleared. At that point it starts costing the scammer solid money - cause uber driver charges for waiting. After around 10minutes, the guy freaked out and started screaming at me and the driver and the driver shrugged and left.

The longer you can keep the driver occupied - the more it costs the scammer...

Edited by nox1111

Anybody had any experience with Zimbabwean scammers.

Had about 3 different Zimbabwean numbers try send a driver to pick up bikes from me, when I said cash on Collection it became a big inconvenience.

A Lady named Vivian contacted me today and a guy named Clayton contacted me last week. All Zimbabwean numbers.

Let me know guys

Hi guys got a call yesterday from a guy called Mark Aiden, said he wanted to buy my bike, would send proof of payment and then send his driver to pick up....lol

Just be careful. My niece was selling a laptop. All the same scamming that goes on here.

But 1 guy actually sent a driver with cash. Arrived at night. 

Gave a wad of cash. Top note real, the rest fake.

Luckily they checked first. Unfortunately they didnt keep the real R100 note.

• 1 month later...

Guy called Sam also sent me a whatsapp earlier to buy my scott 900 ac. He wants my banking details and says he can be here in the next 10min. Told him money must clear before he can take it. Nothing yet. The nr is +27 83 589 5608 he has a picture of a truck on his profile. That says Loutrans on it. When he called me something just said. Too good to be true so i googled sam bicycle scamme and came across this post. 

Screenshot_20220326-155559_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20220326-155548_WhatsApp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had an uber will pick the bike experience this past week. Fake POP. Name of purchaser was David, cellphone 083 247 4784. Contacted me on my cellphone and not BH. 

On 2/22/2022 at 10:34 AM, gtr1 said:

Just be careful. My niece was selling a laptop. All the same scamming that goes on here.

But 1 guy actually sent a driver with cash. Arrived at night. 

Gave a wad of cash. Top note real, the rest fake.

Luckily they checked first. Unfortunately they didnt keep the real R100 note.

I've never heard of that one before. 

7 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

I've never heard of that one before. 

Don't you watch any movies?

😅

On 2/21/2022 at 7:02 PM, joburgbike said:

Anybody had any experience with Zimbabwean scammers.

Had about 3 different Zimbabwean numbers try send a driver to pick up bikes from me, when I said cash on Collection it became a big inconvenience.

A Lady named Vivian contacted me today and a guy named Clayton contacted me last week. All Zimbabwean numbers.

Let me know guys

I've had the same thing. 

Messages from 3 different numbers. I told him I'll drop it off at the station when the funds have cleared

• 1 year later...

HI GUYS I GOT THIS TODAY...

Thanks for your reply. my name is Eugene am a citizen of South Africa but presently living and working Onshore in the United State Of America, am Okay with your asking price due to the fact that i was impressed with what i saw in the ad posted and i know it really worth it, am buying this bicycle for use  in South Africa but unfortunately I won’t be able to come view or pick up myself due to my present location,So i will have to contact my pickup agent for courier delivery. He will be at your location for the pickup after the settlement of the payment and please do send me some more images via email

I DONT TRUST IT, WHEN I ASKED FOR HIS CONTACT HE THEN SENT ME THIS;

Please share some images via email 
Unfortunately I am having issues with my online banking due to my present location but I can access funds through my PayPal account which is very much safe as I want this transaction sorted as soon as possible.

Do you have a PayPal account to Proceed ?

If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can easily for this link to set up an account with PayPal www.PayPal.comand revert back to me as soon as the account setup is completed

THIS IS THE MAIL HE SENT FROM eugene50rheeder@gmail.com

AND THIS IS THE NUMBER I GOT A MESSAGE FROM 

+27 (62) 518-4061