Driver Pick-up, EFT Scam

Rallye

Hey guys,

Anyone had any recent offers to purchase from tel number 0635009064. Guy called Sam, whatsapp'd out the blue, not contact via BIKE HUB. First red flag. This is the only platform where the bicycle is listed BTW! He obviously pulled my details from BH. Asked all the incorrect questions about the bike, and is now apparently sending "his friend" to collect. Once the friend has MY bike, he'll send proof of payment. HAHAHAHA.... be careful out there!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rallye

Thanks for reporting this.

We received an identical report about this guy yesterday. Sending an "Uber" for collection. The offending account was been banned yesterday.

I've just banned the one that contacted you today.

5 hours ago, Rallye said:

Hey guys,

Anyone had any recent offers to purchase from tel number 0635009064. Guy called Sam, whatsapp'd out the blue, not contact via BIKE HUB. First red flag. This is the only platform where the bicycle is listed BTW! He obviously pulled my details from BH. Asked all the incorrect questions about the bike, and is now apparently sending "his friend" to collect. Once the friend has MY bike, he'll send proof of payment. HAHAHAHA.... be careful out there!

Many many of them bro.

They actually send a POP, usually from ABSA and I tried authenticating it with absa and they did say it is invalid. (This was 2 years ago)

If you ever receive a POP from someone and it had a VAT nr on and it starts with anything other than a 4 ,also it is a scam.

But yes,they are full on everywhere especially on new ads.

And usually another give away is the way they type,they don't ask questions just want details to Pay.

And their sentences never end with a full stop or anything els just open ended sentences from start to end.

I had a guy try to scam me, he sent the proof of payment and everything, the only problem he had with his scam was that he wanted me to deliver it 🤣. So I said sure thing, I'll pop through the moment the money shows in my account. I never heard back from him, shame he paid for a bike and I never delivered, cruel cruel world I tell you 😂

Has anybody ever arranged for them to collect, and then give them a lovely a#se whippin'!!! 

Teach them a lesson once and for all. 

2 hours ago, Black Line said:

Has anybody ever arranged for them to collect, and then give them a lovely a#se whippin'!!! 

I have a mate who used to buy and sell 2nd hand electronics. When he was starting out he had to hustle and did whatever deals would make him money. If you think there are lots of scammers with bikes, electronics take it to a new level. 

He has ended up in a few situations where he had to punch his way out and actually ended up carrying a 9mm to deals (which he used a few times, and by used I don’t mean shot someone, but taken it out to get out of a situation). 

His business is now more established and he does everything online and with couriers, but still recons there are guys that attempt scams on a daily basis. He doesn’t get into hairy situations anymore, but does every now and then send some very creative items to the scamsters for a bit of a laugh.

12 hours ago, Black Line said:

good chance that will just be a go-between

10 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

I have a mate who used to buy and sell 2nd hand electronics. When he was starting out he had to hustle and did whatever deals would make him money. If you think there are lots of scammers with bikes, electronics take it to a new level. 

He has ended up in a few situations where he had to punch his way out and actually ended up carrying a 9mm to deals (which he used a few times, and by used I don’t mean shot someone, but taken it out to get out of a situation). 

His business is now more established and he does everything online and with couriers, but still recons there are guys that attempt scams on a daily basis. He doesn’t get into hairy situations anymore, but does every now and then send some very creative items to the scamsters for a bit of a laugh.

That's hectic! Trying to make an honest living and then trying to make sure you live to see another day :(