Affordable Cycle Jerseys

Op1

Hi all

I have been searching for cycle jerseys and I found a few, but gosh they are expensive.  Do any of you know of an affordable store that sells decent cycle shirts etc that wont break the bank. I am in the Pretoria area but can drive to JHB as well. looking to spend up to 750 - 800 a shirt.

Thanks in advance gents

Edited by Op1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could consider buying direct if you know size.

Most of the following should have something within budget:

FirstAscent

WearDirect/Anatomic 

Enjoy

Vye

Ciovita

20 minutes ago, Op1 said:

Hi all

I have been searching for cycle jerseys and I found a few, but gosh they are expensive.  Do any of you know of an affordable store that sells decent cycle shirts etc that wont break the bank. I am in the Pretoria area but can drive to JHB as well. looking to spend up to 750 - 800 a shirt.

Thanks in advance gents

Anatomic factory shop in Northcliff or Decathlon.

59 minutes ago, Op1 said:

Hi all

Thanks in advance gents

Are you looking for lycra for the road or a trail shirt?

These trail shirts are within your budget:

https://www.hasiecustoms.com/product-page/prime-trail-shirt

I wouldn't recommend Anatomic, the things I have of theirs have been poor quality and fit. I'd second getting a higher quality second hand piece - I bought two Rapha shirts for under a grand together that are far better than what I could've gotten new, and they still look very close to mint. 

Otherwise, Ciovita is great. 

3 hours ago, Op1 said:

Hi all

Thanks in advance gents

Here you go: 

Bicycle Apparel For Sale| Bike Clothing, Bibs, & Helmets| Bike Addict – Tagged "brand_Titan" (bike-addict.co.za)

Seems these things are partly luck of the draw ...

I have sent one Anatomic shirt back, was fixed without any fuss.

My only issue with ordering on-line is sizing .... huge difference between "race fit" and "braai fit" sizing ... me leaning to the latter.

I have a 6 month old Ciovita bib with the edges of the padding riding in while riding .... my cheapy First Accent works better after a couple of years.

noone suggested go-cycle.co.za ?

I have never tried their entry level stuff but we've been riding their kits for a while now (now racing under their colours) and it's good stuff, last years kit still looked the same when I put them in the drawer after getting the one for this year 🥰

Edited by Jbr