[Event] Darling Brew Extreme DBX 2022

Events Bot

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather predictions can't decide if it will be wet or not. Had some hot and dry ones and some soaking ones. In for the 60KM and looking forward to the new route. 

I just hope they have more people manning registration this year - last year was a bit of a fluster cuck. 

Can someone explain to me how the registration works? The 350 online for the light lager, but you must register friday or Saturday morning as well?

9 hours ago, YusufR said:

Can someone explain to me how the registration works? The 350 online for the light lager, but you must register friday or Saturday morning as well?

You enter online. Registration is pitching up and collecting your race number and race pack.

Excellent! Much more of a gravel grind that usual, but after my 90th blood donation earlier this week I needed a more chill pace (and race). This certainly was that with temperatures not far above zero at start. Lots of ice-cold puddles along the way and some mud here and there. This was the 10th instalment of DBX and I have done 8 of those - all of them good. 

IMG_20230527_0857292.jpg.84c3c6618a925b76491d3b96c39f8baf.jpgIMG_20230527_0857252.jpg.b88c2c7f57f61b990eddab828f8c8a0c.jpgIMG_20230527_100142.jpg.69e7b1c24d64de55fb8d268a4ea6361a.jpgIMG_20230527_100147.jpg.df2fcdabd76ff255ba16f5def18bb0d2.jpg

which route did you do? I also found the lack of ST a bit disappointing, perhaps the 80km route had more?

I did the 60km,

Well stocked water points , some lube would have been lekker at the water points

The after race vibes not as cool as previous iterations

And the last minute indemnity form was a bit of a joke. 

7 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

which route did you do? I also found the lack of ST a bit disappointing, perhaps the 80km route had more?

I did the 60km,

Well stocked water points , some lube would have been lekker at the water points

The after race vibes not as cool as previous iterations

And the last minute indemnity form was a bit of a joke. 

I did the 80km. Not much Singletrack. Nothing worse than cresting a brutal climb and being rewarded with a long jeep track descent. 

6 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

I did the 80km. Not much Singletrack. Nothing worse than cresting a brutal climb and being rewarded with a long jeep track descent. 

eish not lekker to hear, I actually entered the 80km with the promise of some nice trail then decided to change route, sounds like it was a good call then.

Wonder why though, is it because it now does not go through Wolwefontein (might have name wrong) I seem to recall some of the previous ones had some nice singles, my last was 2017 though

28 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

eish not lekker to hear, I actually entered the 80km with the promise of some nice trail then decided to change route, sounds like it was a good call then.

Wonder why though, is it because it now does not go through Wolwefontein (might have name wrong) I seem to recall some of the previous ones had some nice singles, my last was 2017 though

It was my first one, so can't compare. I've heard from other peeps that previous events had lots of quality Singletrack. Enjoyed the event but disappointed by dearth of Singletrack. Post race beer was awesome 👌 

3 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

Of you want to ride Trails at a Darling race, then do the Living Colour race. 

7 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

6 hours ago, El Duderino said:

It was my first one, so can't compare. I've heard from other peeps that previous events had lots of quality Singletrack. Enjoyed the event but disappointed by dearth of Singletrack. Post race beer was awesome 👌 

As mentioned earlier - Brewery have new owners and they and the original organisers had a fallout - so previous organisers now organising Ride Darling and current organisers not allowed to use most of the trails in the area including Wolwefontein (guess you can deduce whose side the locals took...)

7 hours ago, Skubarra said:

As mentioned earlier - Brewery have new owners and they and the original organisers had a fallout - so previous organisers now organising Ride Darling and current organisers not allowed to use most of the trails in the area including Wolwefontein (guess you can deduce whose side the locals took...)

Ah... And explains the emergence of the ride darling event at living colour which i think is owned by the old owners of the brewery.