Absa Cape Epic 2022

JohanDiv

WOW !!

Respect to SCR 👍

Congratulations to each rider that took part in the Epic 2022.

Looking forward to your race reports

Edited by ChrisF

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a marathon guy myself, much of the hype was sometimes previously lost on me... Until this years youtube live stream. The commentary was very informative and plays in the tactics, that would typically go over my head, really made me sit forward. Annikas contributions with her recent elite experience were especially insightful. I followed the live stream every day and this was the best coverage of the event I've ever experienced. Well done youtube livestream and commentators! 

10 minutes ago, V18 said:

Not a marathon guy myself, much of the hype was sometimes previously lost on me... Until this years youtube live stream. The commentary was very informative and plays in the tactics, that would typically go over my head, really made me sit forward. Annikas contributions with her recent elite experience were especially insightful. I followed the live stream every day and this was the best coverage of the event I've ever experienced. Well done youtube livestream and commentators! 

Agreed! How Gerald knows the minute details of every course, wine estate, bike park, area, hill, berm and turn is beyond me.

The only weak link on the team is Neil Gardiner (is that his name?) who doesn't really seem to have anything unique to offer. He is probably quite interesting to beginners or non cyclists but mostly he sprouts pretty vanilla stuff.

The combination of ebike cameras, motorbike cameras, helicopters and drones is phenomenal!

Edited by Eldron

41 minutes ago, Eldron said:

I just watched the interview after the second last stage with SCR in their campervan. I like them even more now. Two clowns with megawatts and a winning but humble attitude. Awesome stuff.

Link? 

MEN’S RACE - Remarkable performance. I’m laaik ‘who are these okes’?! Must be that cool roadie style jersey that adds to their flair and courage levels. 

WOMEN - Spez-Songo’s dominance. Geez, who’ll take orange from them? 

A close friend of mine completed his 1st race in as many attempts. So proud of the bra. He worked so hard. I’ll take him out for a lekka steak to celebrate after he recovers from long days in the mountains.🤩

Let me make a bold guess and say that SCR will have at least 2 big sponsors for next year's event by tonight. That is if they will come back next year.

A real pity that the ladies field was not even close to being competitive. To me it seemed a mere procession after day 1.

Watching the live feeds gave me motivation to enter MTB races again this year after the past 4 years of mayhem. First I had multiple injuries (shoulder and hand overuse injuries), and then COVID hit. Let us hope there are still race organisers left after them being decimated this past 2 years.

Edited by dev null

Quite keen to hear that interview and get more info on the SCR team. 

I checked out their IG page and they look pretty legit with many sponsors. 

They have also been in red hot form in recent races and make mention of epic prep well in advance. 

56 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

A close friend of mine completed his 1st race in as many attempts. So proud of the bra. He worked so hard. I’ll take him out for a lekka steak to celebrate after he recovers from long days in the mountains.🤩

He is an amazing person and athlete. To think, a few years back he was fighting for his life in Hospital after a very bad cycling accident (got taken out by a speeding motorcycle on Smitswinkel). It was a long road to recovery, and today he completed the Cape Epic.

What a mensch......... A standing ovation to CS.

Must also thank MI for guiding him over the last week, he is a great team mate to have.

1 hour ago, Eldron said:

I just watched the interview after the second last stage with SCR in their campervan. I like them even more now. Two clowns with megawatts and a winning but humble attitude. Awesome stuff.

Refreshing. 

13 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Refreshing. 

Their fun/laughter/carefree attitude is really contagious. The friendship really obvious. 

The boys are going to go places!

Edit: Further places - they've already gone pretty far!

Edited by Eldron

Was there a interview with Speed Company Racing post win today - I didn’t see anything? We want more of these guys!

Edited by Cookie88

2 hours ago, dev null said:

Let me make a bold guess and say that SCR will have at least 2 big sponsors for next year's event by tonight. That is if they will come back next year.

A real pity that the ladies field was not even close to being competitive. To me it seemed a mere procession after day 1.

Watching the live feeds gave me motivation to enter MTB races again this year after the past 4 years of mayhem. First I had multiple injuries (shoulder and hand overuse injuries), and then COVID hit. Let us hope there are still race organisers left after them being decimated this past 2 years.

1 hour ago, babse said:

Quite keen to hear that interview and get more info on the SCR team. 

I checked out their IG page and they look pretty legit with many sponsors. 

They have also been in red hot form in recent races and make mention of epic prep well in advance. 

https://fb.watch/c06yc4GUlG/