Post Ride Bill Splits

OVERDRIVE

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't sound like these are your friends, so I reckon the price you paid is relatively cheap to learn what their characters are.

I won't ride with them again, or if you do, start the post ride meal with "this time everyone pays their own, I'm not sponsoring someone else's booze this time." 

Not a fun situation to be in, but if they're lekker people to actually ride with and you wish to continue being riding "buddies" with them, you're gonna have to have the chat about the bill and put your foot down about your intentions on going dutch, and that you wont be paying more than what you owe. It's a awkward convo to have but you'll only have to do it once. It's okay to continue being riding buddies with people and not actual buddies. You dont have to love everyone, but you can learn to tolerate them for the sake of the ride, if the rides are good. 

If someone else tells me that my share is R153 for the R120 meal I just ate I would just smile and say no thanks. There wouldn't be a fight.

2 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

If someone else tells me that my share is R153 for the R120 meal I just ate I would just smile and say no thanks. There wouldn't be a fight.

I think this is exactly what happened though? Someone smiled and said no thanks and everything went downhill from here...

Personally I don't see the big deal of paying R20 or R30 extra when splitting a bill - maybe that is why I will always be poor  😝

Each pays proportionate to what they had, unless everyone had essentially the same thing. Plus extra for the tip. I someone in the group provided transport then they shouldn't have to pay at all, at least not for their beers/drinks. 

Edit: I actually remember one character from ages back who'd insist on splitting everything equally. Guess who was sure to order far more than anyone else. 

Edited by Danger Dassie

your friends suck lol?

but seriously, we just always slpit the bill equally...it doesn't matter who had what. It will balance out. And if someone cant pay...we got you. Thats what friends are.

And by past experience with larger groups it's ALWAYS the water drinkers being funny about it when there is alcohol on the tab. So once we caved to their demands and did the math for a 12 person table....and the water drinkers ended up having to pay in MORE than what they were asked initially by just splitting the bill equally 12 ways haha. Some of the bottled stuff the reasaurants serve is more expensive than a few beers...

36 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Personally I don't see the big deal of paying R20 or R30 extra when splitting a bill

In most cases I wouldn't be bothered either.
"Rough calculation, us three R250 each, you guys R150 each."
I wouldn't object. The R153 was a bit strange for me. And if someone doesn't want to tip 25% on their meal (i.e subsidise someone else) then it shouldn't be an issue either.

We actually don't know who rejected the proposed split and who made a fuss at the rejection.
Might very well be R140 burger + beer complaining at having to pay R250 to fund lamb shank + whiskey.