does anyone know this fraud @ysteryeti (Lionel Hennessy)

Swannie87

On 9/7/2022 at 3:33 PM, Eddy Gordo said:

And when you need to whatsapp a new contact? you have to ad said contact ad then they still get to see your pics. Whatsapp is the most unsecure patform around, anyone with access to your number has access.

You don't need to add a contact to have a Whatsapp chat with them.  Just go onto good old Google and type in "wa.me/+27*********" (the stars are the persons number, minus the first zero) and it'll take you into a chat with them.  You can do this from your phone or PC if you're using Whatsapp web.

This way they're not a contact so you still keep your privacy if you want it.  Someone else adding you to their contacts list doesn't allow them access to your information.  

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dirtypot said:

You don't need to add a contact to have a Whatsapp chat with them.  Just go onto good old Google and type in "wa.me/+27*********" (the stars are the persons number, minus the first zero) and it'll take you into a chat with them.  You can do this from your phone or PC if you're using Whatsapp web.

This way they're not a contact so you still keep your privacy if you want it.  Someone else adding you to their contacts list doesn't allow them access to your information.  

check my reply earlier, there is an official whatsapp app for that, "clicktochat"

Since alot of my work is communication via whatsapp to potential clients I use this daily.

13 minutes ago, ouzo said:

check my reply earlier, there is an official whatsapp app for that, "clicktochat"

Since alot of my work is communication via whatsapp to potential clients I use this daily.

I hate whatsapp desktop.  It frequently freeze up and force me to restart my session, most of the time happen when I try to open a photo or video.  Anyone else experienced this?

22 minutes ago, ouzo said:

That's fine if you do it a lot, but if you only ever need to chat to random people occasionally then its easier to just type in wa.me/+27 and not have more app clutter.

6 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I hate whatsapp desktop.  It frequently freeze up and force me to restart my session, most of the time happen when I try to open a photo or video.  Anyone else experienced this?

Same, I've not had good results with it.  I just use a browser tab for it where it works perfectly.  

Just now, dirtypot said:

That's fine if you do it a lot, but if you only ever need to chat to random people occasionally then its easier to just type in wa.me/+27 and not have more app clutter.

Same, I've not had good results with it.  I just use a browser tab for it where it works perfectly.  

Thanks, will try that.

1 minute ago, dirtypot said:

That's fine if you do it a lot, but if you only ever need to chat to random people occasionally then its easier to just type in wa.me/+27 and not have more app clutter

you see I have 4 and half pages of apps. Even if I only use an app once a year, if its a usefull app to have it will stay on my phone.

1 hour ago, dirtypot said:

i use "click to chat" all the time, but nice to know this hack too

On 9/8/2022 at 4:44 PM, Shebeen said:

i use "click to chat" all the time, but nice to know this hack too

You can start to chat with anyone on WA through True Caller as well. If you enter the cell number on TC it gives you the option to send a message as well 

To be honest, if the OPs have not laid fraud charges at this point, then what is the point of coming on here and ranting about it? 
You have been defrauded. You have recourse, however unlikely to result in prosecution, but you have a moral and legal duty to report the fraud. At that point your duty to society ceases. 
What the police/justice department do with the charge at that point is no longer your responsibility. You have met your obligations. 
Ranting on a social platform without being willing to act is as pointless as signing the many online petitions that circulate, achieve nothing and requite no effort or sacrifice.

16 minutes ago, stephenplumb said:

To be honest, if the OPs have not laid fraud charges at this point, then what is the point of coming on here and ranting about it? 
You have been defrauded. You have recourse, however unlikely to result in prosecution, but you have a moral and legal duty to report the fraud. At that point your duty to society ceases. 
What the police/justice department do with the charge at that point is no longer your responsibility. You have met your obligations. 
Ranting on a social platform without being willing to act is as pointless as signing the many online petitions that circulate, achieve nothing and requite no effort or sacrifice.

And that is the problem, it takes time and ultimately more money to jump through all of the hoops to get a charged laid. Then even more to get it prosecuted.
These scammers know it, keep the amounts small and it is hardly ever taken further.
Sad really.

21 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

And that is the problem, it takes time and ultimately more money to jump through all of the hoops to get a charged laid. Then even more to get it prosecuted.
These scammers know it, keep the amounts small and it is hardly ever taken further.
Sad really.

Exactly, will cost more to prosecute him, than that what was lost, and as you said he knows this and knows nothing will come of it. Just look at our good friend Taun, who has scammed a lot more than Mr. Messi.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I said that weeks ago

It's pointless ranting or even discussing it.

This platform already brought two other victims together. The 3 of them get their evidence together, Lay charges, send him the docket. 

Tell him the cops are coming.

The end

Exactly, but doubt any of this will be done. Just like the stolen bike thread posted yesterday. Bike was found on Facebook marketplace and pointed out to the OP, who has yet to provide any sort of feedback as to what happens next.