• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Naidy said:

image.png.8eea2b27c46bfcb6f38ba668fc78345d.png

The nerves as just hit knowing under 19's will be racing in @ again :(  

Was like that last year as well? Think those young eager beavers who still have to learn the benefits of wheelsucking do most of the work up front in the first half which makes us faster than & bunch - happy for them to be there...

29 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Was like that last year as well? Think those young eager beavers who still have to learn the benefits of wheelsucking do most of the work up front in the first half which makes us faster than & bunch - happy for them to be there...

Well there goes the plan for trying to break away in the first half...

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Naidy said:

image.png.8eea2b27c46bfcb6f38ba668fc78345d.png

The nerves as just hit knowing under 19's will be racing in @ again :(  

HKGK - 'the top riders aged 17 - 29 who do not qualify for the elite race'. what is the criteria to qualify? or what description do they use for those that fulfill the criteria? 250 in a bunch , hope every one is CSA licensed or have their own medical aid.

Edited by The itch

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

It was like that last year as well. Going up Eastern BLVD they start attacking each other and were swerving from left to right. On the flats they don't do much and burn out but its sudden movements they make in the bunch that makes me uneasy. 

41 minutes ago, The itch said:

HKGK - 'the top riders aged 17 - 29 who do not qualify for the elite race'. what is the criteria to qualify? or what description do they use for those that fulfill the criteria? 250 in a bunch , hope every one is CSA licensed or have their own medical aid.

Im really not sure how one qualifies. Im 45 and will race in my age group 45-49. If it helps i do have a CSA license. 

3 hours ago, Naidy said:

Im really not sure how one qualifies. Im 45 and will race in my age group 45-49. If it helps i do have a CSA license. 

from what i understand , the csa license gives you a certain amount of medical cover if you don't have your own. 

It's the seeding, same for 30+, those who have a good enough seeding are in $ the rest in & (not sure why not in @ though... cause we skip a whole group to end up with 50+)

In my opinion age groups should be age groups and those who don't qualify (meaning not top 100 or 200 whatever) in their age group fall back to the alphabet salad.

Edited by Jbr

21 hours ago, Skubarra said:

ok - but then you must still be hoping for an "average day" for the splits to work? A few years back I  compared my splits with the computer and most of the times I was nowhere near the predicted splits until after Suikerbossie.

I guess it's helpful to the the extent where you in control of your average speed over the route, but most of the riders in the front half of the field are not going to drop their starting groups (or drop from their groups) to keep pace with their time splits....

My times (4h-4h30 type of rider) for the 2020 and 2022 were identical(1 minute difference). I entered my splits for both and compared it with the prediction.

2020 - Fair weather, it was surprisingly accurate, at most 3minutes off on certain splits.

2022 - 10 minutes behind up to Smitswinkel where the rain stopped. Going slow the first half left lots of matches for the second half

My judgment call is that it is a pretty good tool for Joe Average, most certainly better than the weather predictions 😎😎😎

My bike should be on it's way down, was picked up from my LBS last night and I believe they left early this morning.

The butterflies have been waking up in the last week or so but now they fluttering like mad.

image.jpeg.ba52a7e2918aeb3e451dfcde025f8fd7.jpeg

My bright orange tandem really sticks out from the crowd.

5 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Hey Cape Town, is eskom load shedding your sun?

clouds were very low this morning landing here. 57A13668-7285-4EA5-8F88-263B8EBE43D7.jpeg.56dd338cdfed388e3bb19fc1fa6e6acf.jpeg

anyway, todays prediction for Sunday. 
875F5C1B-9D1E-4CC5-9438-7C34F9EACAE9.png.ed01c9ddebde07714b7ca7878c7c7774.png

Down there nice and early, lekker man.
You not staying in fish hoek anymore iicr? 

22 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Down there nice and early, lekker man.
You not staying in fish hoek anymore iicr? 

Down here early due to special on flight ticket, was crazy cheap, did not make sense to come later. 

not at fish hoek, no. In muizenberg again.