[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up: The Formula E barriers still reside in Greenpoint, which make for zero availability for parking. And if you do park where the parking attentants show, you end up with a stiff fine. Compliments of the City. 

Please beware, fellow hubbers. The parking options is cr@p!

1 minute ago, FootballingCyclist said:

You buy new cleats at the expo for when you're finsihed walking around?

I went on the gravel bike which has MTB pedals, I have two sets of shoes including one that I can walk with 100%.

If I were on the road bike I would have probably broken 3 collarbones in the 5km I had to walk

Was there this morning earlier.

My thoughts? I try not to be negative but it seems like the expo is getting smaller every year. Not really much happening tbh. I remember at the Goodhope centre all the big bike brands were there showcasing their stuff and all the local bike shops had a stand as well. 

In terms of what’s available, Oakley had a sweet deal there. Buy 2 frames and get an Aro3 helmet for free. That was tempting but I decided against it at the end. Just unnecessary.

There was a Chinese clothing brand, Moncton there. Was quite impressed with the quality tbh but was a bit pricier than expected especially for a Chinese brand.

Dischem had the same promos they always have.

Not really much else tbh.

15 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

I remember at the Goodhope centre ...

Who would have thought that we'd be missing the days of the GHC. 😊

Nowadays it's get your number and get out.!

31 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

There was a Chinese clothing brand, Moncton there. Was quite impressed with the quality tbh but was a bit pricier than expected especially for a Chinese brand.

Monton have a store in Green Point now aswell. Agreed the prices are fairly steep but the quality looks decent, Have heard only good things, and it's atleast another brand offering some funky, bright, non-boring, traditional kit as apposed to Ciovita I guess. (Vye haven't got much)

16 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Who would have thought that we'd be missing the days of the GHC. 😊

Nowadays it's get your number and get out.!

I usually collect my number, Do some last minute shopping at Dischem for some specials of stuff I already have and then get some SIS nutrition, then go to the only place actually go inside the expo for and that's to get Biltong..