Tour de France 2024

'Dale

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

When last was the tour won in the first week? Ek wonder maar net ....

Nibali came close in 2014, having yellow from stage 2 to the finish, relinquishing it for only one day to Tony Gallopin (stage 9). Stage 10 was up La Planche des Belles Files

The margin between the Dane and the Slovenian is so minimal, wow. Solid defence by the Australian. The Belgian super domestique continues to defy gravity.

Superb tactical execution by Jumbo-Visma. They did absolutely nothing wrong. The UAE superstar was able to respond and counterattack, clearly struggling with wrist pain caused by the high vibrations caused by the high speed descents. Jonas also defended well considering that he was he was deep into the red during his escape during stage 5.

Honourable mentions: Pidcock level with Bardet on G, 9th and 8th respectively; EF's James Shaw sitting at 5th as a newcomer to the GC race.

My word, it is still week 1. 😈

Pic: Getty Imagesspacer.png

How was this part of the final slog?
Commentators speculating on how Powless would feel riding with the best riders, as the crowds close the width of the road (top right bend).
image.png.e22a9513aadd852a36ec03d06fb53e41.png
image.png.068060687583248902a1fc7e0c3a7ad5.png

24 minutes ago, CARANXCycleMobile said:

Wout for President 🫅!!!!!!

IMHO, Wout is now where Sagan was at his prime, but he might be at an even better level with these kinds of rides for his GC teammate.

Same as Sagan then, it feels like Wout should be winning every second stage, but cycling doesn't work like that.

Hope he gets a stage win or two though, he really is due...

7 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

IMHO, Wout is now where Sagan was at his prime, but he might be at an even better level with these kinds of rides for his GC teammate.

Same as Sagan then, it feels like Wout should be winning every second stage, but cycling doesn't work like that.

Hope he gets a stage win or two though, he really is due...

I have a feeling Wout won't sprint full-out today after yesterday emtying the tank, unless he can find Philipsen's wheel behind MVDP, but it looks like one for the pure sprinters. Rather take it easy if he can't get on that train. Saturday is a hilly route, not mountains, here he'll probably have the best shot at his first stage win this year. 

Edited by JohanDiv

9 hours ago, me100 said:

Is there a way to watch the tour without commentary?

Worth noting that on some stages the Lanterne Rouge guys are doing live watchalongs on YouTube. So you open that on your phone, mute the TV, and listen to them, which is generally good banter.

9 hours ago, me100 said:

Is there a way to watch the tour without commentary?

GCN+ actually have an "Ambient sounds" audio track available on their stream that's exactly this. Just fans, motos and mashing gears.