Tour de France 2024

'Dale

Flat stage following the rest day... no surprise that no-one wants to go into the breakaway...

37km covered in the first hour.

Leisurely...

2024-07-09 14_28_07-Stage 10 of the Tour de France 2024 live.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Flat stage following the rest day... no surprise that no-one wants to go into the breakaway...

37km covered in the first hour.

Leisurely...

2024-07-09 14_28_07-Stage 10 of the Tour de France 2024 live.png

And then they decide it might be worthwhile...

image.png.dd1715ece19d84637e1460daa7288157.png

This kind of boring route should be banned - better to have a rest day 🙂 . Do these guys trash talk each other in the peleton to keep themselves awake? 

6 minutes ago, Headshot said:

This kind of boring route should be banned - better to have a rest day 🙂 . Do these guys trash talk each other in the peleton to keep themselves awake? 

It’s a catchup ride + leg-warmup for tomorrow 🤪

1 minute ago, Headshot said:

Jasper really is a pr#ck. Just seen a  replay of him forcing Girmay into the barriers in an intermediate sprint, I think. FFS.

Blaming Jasper is fun, but the boarding wasn't straight. Bini was looking for space where there wasn't any

2 hours ago, SwissVan said:

JB mentioned he got the data from the strava files that he found, so it’s not exactly scientific. Personal I find it difficult to believe strava to that extent…. But then JB knows a lot more than I do about this kind of stuff. 
What I do know is strava is not always accurate…. 💥

well, JB knows what it takes to win the TdF, doesn't he? 🤪

27 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

well, JB knows what it takes to win the TdF, doesn't he? 🤪

Well he does. The Strava data is captured from a bike computer. That is only an approximation based on a few known variables like weight, Vo2 max, duration heart rate or power. I would assume the riders and teams want good data so they will input as accurate as possible information into the bike computer. What gets “hawk tauhed” into Strava is what the bike computer calculates. 
it’s nice to see that level of transparency but of course it’s not absolutely accurate since there’s no way to accurately measure blood glycogen depletion in real time on the bike. The approximation would have a similar error for most riders at a similar fitness level, especially when that data is trended over time.

what JB suggested was that Pogi was riding more conservatively when he wasn’t attacking. Surfing wheels and drafting better plus just being in really good shape.

i doubt JB would get caught out by amateur mistake like relying on strava app measured data🤣

PS : on a different note, the move has Wiggo on for the next two weeks as well

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Jasper really is a pr#ck. Just seen a  replay of him forcing Girmay into the barriers in an intermediate sprint, I think. FFS.

you saw all the replays? you can come back and comment here when you have...

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Didn’t look as bad from above, as it did from the front.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9NBjGCsAzT/?igsh=ZGtwbW9wMjN3M29t

Philipsen was going straight, saw the barriers bending in from the right and didn't figure Bini would be trying to sneak up. It really didn't look intentional (like it did last time)

I think Bini would have waved his hands at least once  if he thought he'd been hard done by...

9 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Well he does. The Strava data is captured from a bike computer. That is only an approximation based on a few known variables like weight, Vo2 max, duration heart rate or power. I would assume the riders and teams want good data so they will input as accurate as possible information into the bike computer. What gets “hawk tauhed” into Strava is what the bike computer calculates. 
it’s nice to see that level of transparency but of course it’s not absolutely accurate since there’s no way to accurately measure blood glycogen depletion in real time on the bike. The approximation would have a similar error for most riders at a similar fitness level, especially when that data is trended over time.

what JB suggested was that Pogi was riding more conservatively when he wasn’t attacking. Surfing wheels and drafting better plus just being in really good shape.

i doubt JB would get caught out by amateur mistake like relying on strava app measured data🤣

PS : on a different note, the move has Wiggo on for the next two weeks as well

very true, he 'won' the TdF with Armstrong and Clenbutador

4 hours ago, SwissVan said:

JB mentioned he got the data from the strava files that he found, so it’s not exactly scientific. Personal I find it difficult to believe strava to that extent…. But then JB knows a lot more than I do about this kind of stuff. 
What I do know is strava is not always accurate…. 💥

A lot of data in Strava is just repurposing what is already contained within GarminConnect. Calories burned is a field from Garmin.

4 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Gibbons or Grmay for the win today? 

Girmay seems a good bet