2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

25 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

CTCT ?

You get a new "board" (number on a strip of paper).

They use a Racetech chip ... optional to have it scanned

"The issue" relates to having to take the Racetec chip to number collection, i.e. taking the timing device to registration.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

"The issue" relates to having to take the Racetec chip to number collection, i.e. taking the timing device to registration.

Jip.

Mine is permanently strapped into my shoe laces ...😋

will have to take the shoe if I want it scanned.

in March most regular riders just walked past the scan booths.  Very few stopped to have their tags checked.

Friend went to collect my number. I was re seeded. Now my jersey number is different and they gave another frame number different to my chip number from last year. Which one do I mount on my bicycle? The new number does not have a chip in. Deurmekaar

35 minutes ago, W@nted said:

Friend went to collect my number. I was re seeded. Now my jersey number is different and they gave another frame number different to my chip number from last year. Which one do I mount on my bicycle? The new number does not have a chip in. Deurmekaar

Are you licensed?

If yes, one is a race number, and the other is the timing device.

Just now, Frosty said:

Are you licensed?

If yes, one is a race number, and the other is the timing device.

I am not licensed, but was seeded in VB (like the previous 3 years 947). At registration they said I am not allowed at VB this year and reseeded me to A batch. Then handed me the new numbers. 

I assume I need to mount my old number with the chip, as suppose to the the new plastic board without a chip?

3 minutes ago, W@nted said:

I am not licensed, but was seeded in VB (like the previous 3 years 947). At registration they said I am not allowed at VB this year and reseeded me to A batch. Then handed me the new numbers. 

I assume I need to mount my old number with the chip, as suppose to the the new plastic board without a chip?

Save the weight and leave the number board at home. The timing one is all you need, plus your “paper” bib number.

1 hour ago, 117 said:

So what's the number board with the rfid tag in it for? 

That’s the timing board. Licensed riders have another board with just a number, that matches their bib number. It’s road cycling, something so simple and be so complicated.

6 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Highlights of the MTB on DSTV. Never have I been so happy to miss a race. 

Never, ever. 

Same here, I abandoned just before the race, was sitting in the parking lot contemplating and then decided its not worth it to put myself & bike through that ... 😁

9 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

NO man!, this is going to play serious tricks on my mind, head wind coming back will not be lekker.

I keep telling myself that those hills are pretty sheltered so it should be ok. :) 

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

A slight head-wind going up a hill can have a cooling effect that is better than when it’s from behind; for me, that is.

100% agree... 👍

26 minutes ago, Frosty said:

A slight head-wind going up a hill can have a cooling effect that is better than when it’s from behind; for me, that is.

That's because you climb faster than a mountain goat !!!
Can't even ask you for a push because these idiots reseeded me and then left my number the same

Must say this year the organizers have really F%$#ED everything up and it's with low entry numbers, imagine if 20k people had entered.