NEW shorter route option for the 45th Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

On 12/6/2022 at 4:39 PM, Pure Savage said:

I think it would have been nicer if they dropped the age limit a bit. 

Also, spread the event over 2 days, as the original cycle tour was to raise awareness for cycling, it has not really expanded since then. Should be a whole weekend or week event with different roads being closed throughout the week to think bike etc or test which roads would work for cycle lanes etc.

Can easily close a cycle lane of space all the way to suikers and back with out too many drivers tears.

But can you imagine all the people who live along the route .... they will be out with flaming torches and pitchforks 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Not that I am into roadie stuff much, or been on my bike much this year either, or even participated much on this site this year .......... BUT, this is a great way to allow new riders, younger riders and those older riders (Like @Meezo @Patchelicious and @Iwan Kemp) to get out and enjoy a group ride.

Some of these riders may start doing the longer route the following year when they are ready, or they just do the shorter one again ... either way they are out riding their bikes, so good on them.

It's also perfect for people like you who used to ride but now don't.

You can dust off the bike, pump up the tires and just about still manage to get around the route without cramping!

😉

On 12/11/2022 at 9:51 AM, Hairy said:

Not that I am into roadie stuff much, or been on my bike much this year either, or even participated much on this site this year .......... BUT, this is a great way to allow new riders, younger riders and those older riders (Like @Meezo @Patchelicious and @Iwan Kemp) to get out and enjoy a group ride.

Some of these riders may start doing the longer route the following year when they are ready, or they just do the shorter one again ... either way they are out riding their bikes, so good on them.

Its been rumoured that those working from home, and no longer commuting, may benefit from the shorter Argus ....

EDIT - Vicious rumour going around that some Enduro riders could benefit from using the short Argus as a training ride for some stamina ....

Edited by ChrisF

22 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

It's also perfect for people like you who used to ride but now don't.

You can dust off the bike, pump up the tires and just about still manage to get around the route without cramping!

😉

#Maybe ... might need an e-bike

7 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Its been rumoured that those working from home, and no longer commuting, may benefit from the shorter Argus ....

F.A.C.T

21 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Rumour has it Hairy will be riding the Argust on a bike…..

as a motorbike marshall 

Funny story .... took a quick ride along the cost this morning on the Harley and thought to myself it would be rather cool to ride as a lead bike, or marshal bike .... it would also be far cooler for the event than those run of the mill vanilla riders on BMW GS's :P

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

Funny story .... took a quick ride along the cost this morning on the Harley and thought to myself it would be rather cool to ride as a lead bike, or marshal bike .... it would also be far cooler for the event than those run of the mill vanilla riders on BMW GS's :P

Them are fighten words .... 🤣

6 hours ago, Hairy said:

Hmm, yes, I too wonder why more Harley Davidson 1600cc TWINS, with Screaming Eagle pipes, don’t get asked to be lead Marshall…..🤣

20 hours ago, Hairy said:

Let's do it! 

11 hours ago, Zebra said:

Hmm, yes, I too wonder why more Harley Davidson 1600cc TWINS, with Screaming Eagle pipes, don’t get asked to be lead Marshall…..🤣

You want the media to focus on the lead riders, and not the lead bike :P

18 hours ago, Hairy said:

They use the GS because they know it will finish the entire route without breaking down

6 minutes ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

YAY... Now I can do the argus on a single battery... turbo the whole way and then get my medal and hard earned beer at the finish. This is fantastic news. 

Believe and Achieve

8 hours ago, Hairy said:

But will it.

Either by means of the Long Way Round, or the Long Way Down .... but finish they will finish it ....