• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

QUESTION FROM A "FIRST TIME" TEAM -

"What pain meds may they use?"

Kindly provide a link to some sort of site or list that can guide the newbies through this ...

EDIT - for those that have done the Epic ... is there a "race doctor" that could assist them ?

Getting a new appreciation for the fun this little maze can be for the amateurs ....

Just wondering if amateurs will even be tested and does it even matter if they are taking anything that's on the ban list as long as they not causing harm to themselves and others.

Not condoning taking ban substances 

why are Mitch Docker & Ian Boswell in the amateur category? both are ex-WT Pro riders 

Edited by peepeekaitjie

2 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

why are Mitch Docker & Ian Boswell in the amateur category? both are ex-WT Pro riders 

Probably because they are EX pro riders. (i.e. not currently licensed pro riders)

1 minute ago, Wannabe said:

Probably because they are EX pro riders. (i.e. not currently licensed pro riders)

and Nibali?

yeah, nothing wrong with what Spez did, they just played with their strenghts and weaknesses, but I do understand that 2 mins after a frustrating finish like this you can be a bit sour in the heat of the moment. Not going to use the D word here because we hear it 1000 times during every stage, but don't think there should be any hate towards any of the riders here.

Maybe some of SCR's frustration also comes from the fact that spez did no work when Scott was hanging by a thread, and it was in their common interest to create as early as possible a gap as big as possible to them to try and grind some time on GC ? Does the fact that they did not help shows that Spez's goal is more to win stages than try to recover GC ? (actual question)

Edited by Jbr

20 minutes ago, Yyyy said:

Just wondering if amateurs will even be tested and does it even matter if they are taking anything that's on the ban list as long as they not causing harm to themselves and others.

Not condoning taking ban substances 

They get tested and busted.

Do a search in Bikehub, their was a amateur that recieved a letter from the UCI with a fine in Swiss Franc.

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

I'm watching the live feed when I can (in-between meetings and work), but is there a live tracker somewhere? Last year they had very nice live tracking so you could see where everyone was. 

It looks like they have taken the tracker away from the web and it is only on the App now.

bit of a pain, needing to install an app and then following on my 5" screen.

in other news you can find the routes of previous stages on strava by a few riders.

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

If they are already finished today then they should know what to do.

Yes there are race doctors there.

They asked their support crew at the last water point to get the meds for them.  Was a bit of flurry to get it sorted, and making sure it is safe for use.

THANKS to @DJuice they can use what they had available.

1 hour ago, peepeekaitjie said:

because they are amateurs, did you see their team name doesn't have a company sponsoring them.

they are sitting in 37th, so kind of out of the real pros anyway. they're not sleeping in a tent though.

1 hour ago, peepeekaitjie said:

and Nibali?

His partner is still a pro, and he's still got a lot of UCI points so i guess still registered (even though retired).

The fact that they don't seem to have a sponsors name on their team list doesn't mean they are not getting paid to ride. 

he is sitting in 5th. 

2 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Not having watched the feed today due to the daily grind, I can only assume SCR are crying for being outraced, kind of like Mercedes F1 when they don't manage to bring their A - game, or when they do bring the A - game then find out it wasn't enough. Boo hoo. 

As Michael Massi would say, "Toto, it's a race".

get over it and be better if you want to win.

Spot on.

Lukas was just emotional and by the time the podium happened it looked like the dust had settled.

Its racing and when it means a lot to everyone then stem gets let off. I wouldn't judge anyone straight after the finishline. We know Matt is John's boy and he's being a good dadcoach by protecting his charge :)

see, emotions emotions everywhere today

2 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Im On 2 gels and bicarbonate by 9am….

i took a walk to the bubie shop and found they were sold out of sherbert

oke says he was held up at what looked like a bicycle pump by about 50 okes dressed in Lycra with Ure Savage written all over their tops. The oke is traumeeltised

1 hour ago, DJuice said:

They get tested and busted.

Do a search in Bikehub, their was a amateur that recieved a letter from the UCI with a fine in Swiss Franc.

Ah i see

But even so, it seems to me that testing is either done to those finishing in top or near the top positions or if they are under suspicion.

Mid pack and back markers however, are they ever randomly tested? 

i mean who would know if a mid/back pack rider was on any ban substances...

once again not condoning the use of ban substances. Just curious about whether this matters 

6 minutes ago, Yyyy said:

Ah i see

But even so, it seems to me that testing is either done to those finishing in top or near the top positions or if they are under suspicion.

Mid pack and back markers however, are they ever randomly tested? 

i mean who would know if a mid/back pack rider was on any ban substances...

once again not condoning the use of ban substances. Just curious about whether this matters 

mid pack and the rear of the field will be randomly tested and very unlikely to be chosen unless you arouse suspicion. People have been caught using body building drugs