Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

1 hour ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

My 2 cents worth whichever web development company did the Cape Epic website and its results search engine needs to be shot. Its a very amateur job and totally useless to search and track people on. Not sure what has happened but previous years were much better.

Probably overseen by Neil Gardiner...... As an aside -Gosh watching Annika do pre-start interviews, she's so chilled and such a natural she should be on CNN.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, babse said:

App works and live results is quick fast... not sure about tracker as ive been following on YouTube.

tutorial maybe....?

Because I still cant figure out how many teams are left in the race, which teams are out, who are riding alone etc

5 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

SCR had very questionable tactics last year it was common, no one cried about it on TV and made excuses. 

Hi @J Wakefield curious to know what you mean by this (part in bold)? From my (laymen's) perspective they just went balls to wall on each stage last year, hoping for the best, and it worked out for them. (and if they didn't miss the turn on - I think - stage 4 they would probably have been in yellow before the final day?)

4 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Hi @J Wakefield curious to know what you mean by this (part in bold)? From my (laymen's) perspective they just went balls to wall on each stage last year, hoping for the best, and it worked out for them. (and if they didn't miss the turn on - I think - stage 4 they would probably have been in yellow before the final day?)

It Means there was more than just balls to walls each day. 
they have nothing to cry about and sure heat of the moment comments etc but it’s amusing all things considered 

3 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

It Means there was more than just balls to walls each day. 
they have nothing to cry about and sure heat of the moment comments etc but it’s amusing all things considered 

well what is this more than just balls to the wall...? You're saying  lot without saying anything at all

56 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

tutorial maybe....?

Because I still cant figure out how many teams are left in the race, which teams are out, who are riding alone etc

yep agreed a world in which search engines are free and you can get better searches on things lie ractecs CTCT results the inability of their search to slice and dice the results and look for the answers you want is somethwat of an own goal IMO.  Just seems amateur. FWIW i was involved in a project (which i think died in teh pandemic) to do all the data like they do on UCI tours -  IOT sensors tracking data is not rocket science.

Time for the Epic to modernize... 

13 minutes ago, Bernard and Christell Mtb Bucket List said:

Anyone know how team I love boobies and bear are doing?

And how is Olli doing with those Signals, still second?

Screenshot_20230322_175247_Epic Series.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_175708_EpicSeries.jpg.e3f3e86b0334bbc22a9a52cc89d52f33.jpg

Seems GC for Stage 3 not available yet.

Edited by ChrisF

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

tutorial maybe....?

Certainly would be nice to see all this extra information 👍👍

This is where the Ironman tracker has a very handy extra page ... go to the category or age cat and you can see who is ahead and who is following.   Takes a bit of time, but now you can track competitors pace and see potential outcomes .....

Seems the Epic Apps main purpose is to track a couple of teams ....

Sure, you can follow a couple of teams and try to get similar ... 

Edited by ChrisF

52 minutes ago, Bernard and Christell Mtb Bucket List said:

Anyone know how team I love boobies and bear are doing?

And how is Olli doing with those Signals, still second?

Signals are doing GOOD ... GC for amateur men

Screenshot_20230322_182857_EpicSeries.jpg.d17bd7db6e86aeba62bfb3f678717395.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_182904_EpicSeries.jpg.cf84feb32b706cd0d7362a39f2935d18.jpg

5 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Matt was nursing a flat tyre for 6km if they stopped they were out so they managed it best way possible. Whoever got onto the singletrack 1st Won. Spez knew this; they executed well. The route guide is available for everyone 

Hi John, is Amy any relation….. 

4 hours ago, Lexx said:

Yes Myprodol. R10 and R21. Oops, I'm an illegal doper in Comrades.🤫  With prob 60% of the field. lol

Back in the day pre 2003 my wife and I belonged to a social running club so we attended quite a few comrades (my wife ran while I supported along the route) it’s eye opening to see the pilletjies club runners carry with them, some we knew where Dr’s and nursing sisters… they were the worst