Cape Epic: Definitely changes this year

TeamBaja

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Ok , do you feel lighter?

Whet you think of this experience, how does it make you feel?

Oh yes, I love everything about the Epic, the course, volunteers and the ambience in general. The stuff that was changed was done to make them more  money. The volunteers didn't even get a jacket, got a 2 dollar name tag.  The racers didn't even get the t-shirt with our names on it. The food for breakfast and dinner was barely ok, and several times we had something from the vendors or from town. 

The rain, cold and wind are just nature and thats fine, makes it even more epic.  The mechanicals, and even getting sick is part of racing, we all deal with that in our own way. But the other stuff is just about keeping more money.  Thats my half rand!!1 

See you guys next time. 

1 hour ago, TeamBaja said:

Oh yes, I love everything about the Epic, the course, volunteers and the ambience in general. The stuff that was changed was done to make them more  money. The volunteers didn't even get a jacket, got a 2 dollar name tag.  The racers didn't even get the t-shirt with our names on it. The food for breakfast and dinner was barely ok, and several times we had something from the vendors or from town. 

The rain, cold and wind are just nature and thats fine, makes it even more epic.  The mechanicals, and even getting sick is part of racing, we all deal with that in our own way. But the other stuff is just about keeping more money.  Thats my half rand!!1 

See you guys next time. 

Many have seen through “the epic” and have not supported it for many years.

The heyday was in the first 5years. 
your entry fee earned the rider 

an adidas starters t-shirt

an adidas jacket 

an adidas finishers t-shirt

a huge adidas branded tog bag

a finishers medal

then absa came on board and the goodie bag grew. When assos came on board you’d at least receive a finishers Assos rider jersey.

the food was palatable.and there was more than enough vendor options if the provided food options didn’t meet satisfaction.

the times and circumstance have changed and even the race that measures all has to cut its cloth to suit its pocket 

The photo pack this year is terrible as well, dont know why but there are barely any good photos this year, 100EUR wasted. Can't see any photos from any of the jump sections on the last stage, very disapointed.

Edited by robsm

• 2 weeks later...

very bad puffer jacket sizing as i am a medium all day long in every other Ciovita product, but this jacket is way to big and no small jacket available to swop 😠

1 hour ago, Mawbs said:

very bad puffer jacket sizing as i am a medium all day long in every other Ciovita product, but this jacket is way to big and no small jacket available to swop 😠

So many sizing complaints i hear from Ciovita on the hub. They seem to be the most inconsistent brand when it comes to sizing consistency.

25 minutes ago, babse said:

most expensive jacket in you closet that you cannot wear

Not because it's not your size but because certain style fundis say it's not 'cool' 😜

1 hour ago, J Wakefield said:

Above all of these disappointments, have you come out Epic a real mountain biker now? This is the only key point here. 

When is the graduation ceremony for real mountain bikers?