Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

To Paarl DH, and then Jonkershoek where we sampled the lower sections of the 2 black trails and the red trail, which are all riding very well at the moment. All with a great bunch of people.

12801464_10156476380465538_4992704408956

1918539_10156476356385538_72091648498303

I was in Jonkershoek on Saturday,as it was my first time and I had a limited time timeframe I just stuck to the basics.

Asked a friendly local for directions and he pointed me towards the Waterfall trail wich I then followed all the way up to what I believed to be the start of Never Endind Story.What an awesome ride,not to technical,just fast flowing FUN!

I passed two other trails on my way up,one of wich is name The Plumber........

Man do you need seriously big b@lls to go down there.You literally 'drop in' on that trail with about a 1.5m gap jump.[emoji32]

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to ask on behalf of all of us stuck in our offices this week... ;)

I'll have to just put in leave when everyone else is back to get my revenge :P

Been stuck in the office doesn't stop me from a morning ride!

Did a quick 30km ride after work today.I will have to start sticking to the roads soon as my rides are ending in the dark and fast rocky single track aint so much fun in the dark.

I did however hit a top 10 spot on Strava on one of the supposed 'downhill segments' on our local trails in the dark.#nightrider568a4549c3a37a55c621806abb1c503e.jpg

Been stuck in the office doesn't stop me from a morning ride!

I also am riding still, there's just nothing new and exciting and photo worthy on the way ;)

I also am riding still, there's just nothing new and exciting and photo worthy on the way ;)

Time for a new commute route lurchy

Nowhere. Different ride of sorts. Have been in and out of Durban twice the last week.

post-51272-1458703275,9601.jpg

My ride has been standing for close to 4 weeks now. Need to redo the tubeless on both wheels, and replace the rear. Went through some nasty thorny patches, now they aren't holding air as they should. But where to get the time? At least I am not grumpy to those around me - I am just plain pissed off and rude......

Bit off-topic, but does anyone know what trails are on the south side of Lanseria? That is, if you come in for a landing from Pretoria's side, there are some marked singletrack. Is it Northern Farms (can't be, NF is further down to Diepsloot)? Of is ek rigting bedonnerd?

Edited by cjlieben

Time for a new commute route lurchy

That will require a new job too, you know there's only 2 routes for getting anywhere in Midrand :P (Ok, that's a slight exaggeration I know - I have options between 8.5km and 30km if I the REALLY long way round, there's still just bugger all to see though, haha)

Nowhere. Different ride of sorts. Have been in and out of Durban twice the last week.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1458703273.815026.jpg

My ride has been standing for close to 4 weeks now. Need to redo the tubeless on both wheels, and replace the rear. Went through some nasty thorny patches, now they aren't holding air as they should. But where to get the time? At least I am not grumpy to those around me - I am just plain pissed off and rude......

Bit off-topic, but does anyone know what trails are on the south side of Lanseria? That is, if you come in for a landing from Pretoria's side, there are some marked singletrack. Is it Northern Farms (can't be, NF is further down to Diepsloot)? Of is ek rigting bedonnerd?

Haha, I know how you feel.

I was off the bike about 4 weeks as well and those around me must be pretty grateful that I am riding again because I was more of a nightmare than usual :P

As for the single track, I'm 99% sure that is still Northern Farms.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1458703273.815026.jpg

Its part of northerns. Last time i rode there, and had some green and orange planes on final approach, i was also surprised at how close one gets to lanseria.

Its part of northerns. Last time i rode there, and had some green and orange planes on final approach, i was also surprised at how close one gets to lanseria.

We did go low over the singletrack. I guess it is a shock to the system if such a big bus goes over your head.

I have never been to NF, for the only reason its proximity to Diepsloot. NF safe?

Guest notmyname

We did go low over the singletrack. I guess it is a shock to the system if such a big bus goes over your head.

I have never been to NF, for the only reason its proximity to Diepsloot. NF safe?

Safe as houses mate.

It's pretty cool you can sorta sit under the flight path after the river section. Was freaky the first time until I remembered the proximity to lanseria.

That will require a new job too, you know there's only 2 routes for getting anywhere in Midrand :P (Ok, that's a slight exaggeration I know - I have options between 8.5km and 30km if I the REALLY long way round, there's still just bugger all to see though, haha)

You on the road bike I presume. There a dude riding on the pavements I see sometimes and he's having such a blast - I hate him, but I guess it depends where you're going,through the AH bits is pretty, otherwise townhouse after estate after townhouse.

You on the road bike I presume. There a dude riding on the pavements I see sometimes and he's having such a blast - I hate him, but I guess it depends where you're going,through the AH bits is pretty, otherwise townhouse after estate after townhouse.

I swop between the road and MTB, but all my options involve mostly seeing complexes and very little else...it's sad when Vodaworld is a highlight of what is visually appealing :P

Of course, don't get me wrong, I love the ride, it's just not anything exciting to look at along the way.

I was in Jonkershoek on Saturday,as it was my first time and I had a limited time timeframe I just stuck to the basics.

Asked a friendly local for directions and he pointed me towards the Waterfall trail wich I then followed all the way up to what I believed to be the start of Never Endind Story.What an awesome ride,not to technical,just fast flowing FUN!

I passed two other trails on my way up,one of wich is name The Plumber........

Man do you need seriously big b@lls to go down there.You literally 'drop in' on that trail with about a 1.5m gap jump.[emoji32]

Yeah, the Plumber is Bennet Nel & Hylton Turvey's new Black Line. And it's a dusi. I wouldn't do the drop in at the top yet, but the rest of it is pretty darn kiff and SUPER technical. B lines around all the mega tech stuff, but just enough of a challenge to keep you on your toes (I do the B lines at the moment - couple of crashes have wrecked my confidence levels)

Then there's the Red Phoenix, which starts next to it, and that is the Red line. Fun FUN FUN!!!! Fast, Flowy, loose and just plain FAST!!! Lots of little features in there, and the faster you go the more technical it becomes. Lots of scope to pop, play, and just have a blast. 

Then there's also Never Ending Story, which is the Blue Line. Also fun, also fast. Also very much worth it. 

Then fuuuuurther on, there's the "Old" Black line, which is also referred to as the Nationals track as that's where the Nationals was held last time around. Fast, loose, steep. 

Further on from that is the Canaries. Upper Upper Upper Upper Canaries or whatever, then going down via Upper Upper and Upper and lower etc. Also a blue route, but more technical in nature and more rocks on the trail. Not as fast by nature, and if you want to hit it hard you need to work it. Helluva good trail until Upper Canaries, which is essentially a flattish technical trail, but still fun if you want to train and be under the trees.

On the other side of the mountain, they're rebuilding the Fire Hut trail (I presume) and that used to be my favourite. Fast as hell, and loads of little features which you can pop off and fly over. 

To be honest, I can't wait for winter to arrive. The trails need rain, and they need it now.