Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Climbfest around the peninsula with Beattbox. Fantastic to get a bit of rain for a change, although it got really wet & slippery on the Atlantic side.

I love that sign in Afrikaans :-)

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Went for my first shakedown ride on my new Swoop. Was heaps of fun. Only rode for about 30min, so as to get a feel for the suspension and settle the tubeless set up. 

Had my better half do some filming.  :thumbup:

P.S. Was a balmy 2C out, even though it doesn't look it. 

https://youtu.be/YAZVYO8qcLY

Lekker hub sounds!

Into Jonkershoek for sunrise, seems the Canaries have been felled since I was last there, bit of tree dodging required on never ending story too, beautiful morning though.

attachicon.gifIMG_2654.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2655.JPG

Yeah, the lack of trees on Canaries is a bit sniffworthy, but they're riding SO well at the moment! Love how rocky & loose it's become. 

Yeah, the lack of trees on Canaries is a bit sniffworthy, but they're riding SO well at the moment! Love how rocky & loose it's become. 

Didn't get to ride the Canaries, starting climbing lower Canaries, had to get off a few times to get under/around trees and then it was just wiped out and obliterated under felled trees. So turned round and wandered on to Neverending

post-41145-0-72325900-1486989927_thumb.jpg

Didn't get to ride the Canaries, starting climbing lower Canaries, had to get off a few times to get under/around trees and then it was just wiped out and obliterated under felled trees. So turned round and wandered on to Neverending

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

You missed a lot!! 

Lower canaries are a bit meh, IMO. Upper canaries and then into the Flow trail are where it's at!

Have a look at my strava activity to get the best way to get to the top of the canaries. Well, not the top top, but close enough. 

Instead of climbing the canaries, there's a left hand turn onto a cleared section around 200m up the first hill. Take that, and then climb. To get to the top top, you need to take a left hand fork where you see I've taken a right @ the 1h24 mark. 

https://www.strava.com/activities/853850309

I'd join you guys if I weren't so bad at getting up early and didn't stay 100km's away.......[emoji6]

Ek ook... Lyk flippen lekker om saam die groep te moet ry. Dalk moet ek dit n mission maak die jaar om ten minste 1keer saam met hulle te gaan ry op so oggend loop. Sal ma moet oorslaap in die Kaap.