Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of my autumn rides

Just mentioned it in the week.

just dont go alone as gabrouw forestry left side, above town, not that safe anymore. right side above dam is safe so far i know

just dont go alone as gabrouw forestry left side, above town, not that safe anymore. right side above dam is safe so far i know

Thanx for the tip whattingh

Appreciated

:thumbup:

Love the care shown for bar end protection - BigBen loves his bike! :wub:

No, no, no. There is a difference between bar ends( so 90's) and sparing the end plugs of your ESI grips. NSBB knows the difference...

The farmers were  going to ride in the Xolorha mountains above Stutterheim on Saturday, but when I phoned the Forest Ranger for permits, he said under no circumstances, "the locals are restless", by which he means that the local mielie farmers are having their annual pig hunt, and being chased by dogs, and planted with buckshot is possible. So we rode from a friend's farm (a cousin a few times removed; when Barry came to visit, and I was explaining all the family connections one night late over beers, he mentioned hearing the sound of banjos).

The ride took us past an old Moravian church; to the left of the church is the valley we were aiming for.

post-2975-0-99036500-1491129727_thumb.jpg

The view the other way towards Queenstown, beautiful Eastern Cape vistas

post-2975-0-37615600-1491129730_thumb.jpg

The ride takes you through the valley mouth, with high kranzes either side into an amazing open valley in the mountain

post-2975-0-31447900-1491130690_thumb.jpg

We rode around the valley, then up the sides of one of the ravines, for a long uphill slog to the rim

post-2975-0-22449000-1491129732_thumb.jpg

And the views from the top

post-2975-0-34123800-1491129734_thumb.jpg

post-2975-0-15794600-1491129736_thumb.jpg

The way down again was a lot of fun, until we got to a road that had been excavated for a pipeline, so I suggested that we ride the furrow, which had been excavated to a depth of between 1.5 to 2m but had a firm compacted bottom

post-2975-0-86072000-1491129737_thumb.jpg

That was fun, thankfully I wasn't riding with broomsticks for handlebars.

The way back included a stretch of tar, with no shoulder, so we decided to do a bit of bhundu bashing, and found the old road down the pass. As we got back to the farm, a buddy phoned and said that he had seen a buffalo on his way home the night before, and he was just phoning to warn us.

post-2975-0-56065700-1491130944_thumb.png

The weather is improving rapidly here in Copenhagen so I took a nice ride up the coast to Kronborg Castle. Fans of the bard should recognise it ;-)

Lekker D

The weather is improving rapidly here in Copenhagen so I took a nice ride up the coast to Kronborg Castle. Fans of the bard should recognise it ;-)

Soft sun stuff there ☀️

Soft sun stuff there ☀️

For sure. The winding coastal roads outside the city reminded me a bit of the roads out past Hout bay. Had me a little nostalgia episode :-)

Hectic Fish. Is that from junk fished out of the river?

Hectic Fish. Is that from junk fished out of the river?

It's a thought provoking piece! It's street art made from garbage and old plastic - it doesn't say whether it's general trash or from the river. I'm guessing general trash - the Danes really respect the environment and littering is quite heavily frowned upon.

Did my first 80km ride today. Out towards the Eersteling Monumente towards Potties. Was a nice ride with some climbs and nice views. Will see if I can post a photo.