• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

That's unfortunately the issue with the GoPro shooting at SuperWide-angle: You lose a lot of depth perception. Right after I say "O f****t", you'll notice that I suddenly accelerate rather briskly. Having never been on this trail, I wasn't sure what to make of that drop :)

I've actually got a brand spanking new carbon set of bars, stem, saddle and seatpost that recently got delivered after being in the post for 700 years, but sadly I ordered it before I really knew what I needed to get and what I wanted from MTB, so I'll probably be selling that and getting the right stuff, i.e. short stem and wide bars next, then fit all that together with my 1x11 upgrade bits that I've been putting together.

Aaaaah, on snake eyes. Gotcha. Yeah it's a bit steep but nothing difficult. Just a roll down. Wide bar and short stem will DEFINITELY help in those instances. Far more control and less of a going OTB sorta feeling.

Some Tokai single-track footage from yesterday.

Disclaimer: After the second cut, I happen upon a rather unexpected steep decline section and audibly exclaim in fluent consonant-rich vernacular. This is usually the case for the full length of the clip, but thankfully this one only had one instance and I felt confident that I could share it without much reprimand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCG0L8qyYps

Dit is sekerlik een vd afrikaanse woorde wat op BAIE verkillende dinge van toepassing is. [emoji38] [emoji106]

Hou die rubber op die grond!

Just in case you thought they were little rollers........

sent half of the smaller line on dh bike...dumbest idea you can try with a DH bike

Went cycling again this afternoon, took some pics as evidence. One guy in the group has done a few Argus races, was diagnosed with MS so moved over to Mtb and the MS is getting worse now so a month ago he bought a Giant pedal assist. Man that thing goes uphill at 26km/h while we struggle to maintain 11km/h. This is a reason why I'm pro electric/pedal assist bikes. The joy he has on his face to be able to ride 30km with us and his son.

We had to come back via tar because of the sun going down sooner than expected and I was the only one with lights. I had to light the way.15d31866c752cc86707c5979603f4d0b.jpg48305654ca5dc51625f6c01d5540f56f.jpg1762e0254bff2720262a6fe39af21e85.jpg1b4dfd023f9edcbf8f7901d077bd01fe.jpg5e8f93795a5287c554ac996ad1013c66.jpg

Went cycling again this afternoon, took some pics as evidence. One guy in the group has done a few Argus races, was diagnosed with MS so moved over to Mtb and the MS is getting worse now so a month ago he bought a Giant pedal assist. Man that thing goes uphill at 26km/h while we struggle to maintain 11km/h. This is a reason why I'm pro electric/pedal assist bikes. The joy he has on his face to be able to ride 30km with us and his son.

We had to come back via tar because of the sun going down sooner than expected and I was the only one with lights. I had to light the way.15d31866c752cc86707c5979603f4d0b.jpg48305654ca5dc51625f6c01d5540f56f.jpg1762e0254bff2720262a6fe39af21e85.jpg1b4dfd023f9edcbf8f7901d077bd01fe.jpg5e8f93795a5287c554ac996ad1013c66.jpg

Lekker kiekies BSG.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

Got home from work slightly earlier than usual this afternoon and managed to get out slightly earlier for a ride.

The extra daylight and the warmer temperatures made it a great evening out on the bike even though my legs were still a bit sore from yesterday.

2ab81fff1fe5591db9a73fd399ba1899.jpg9a76901cb490b7cec916099c1e2d0b25.jpge966c95f24685c1f34c4ad3816b6b452.jpg

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

Aaaaah, on snake eyes. Gotcha. Yeah it's a bit steep but nothing difficult. Just a roll down. Wide bar and short stem will DEFINITELY help in those instances. Far more control and less of a going OTB sorta feeling.

<hijack>

On that note, would I not be better off going for THIS then? It's the same price, the stem is a little shorter still and the rise a bit higher, which sounds great to me, being 1.95m in height.

</hijack>

Dit is sekerlik een vd afrikaanse woorde wat op BAIE verkillende dinge van toepassing is. [emoji38] [emoji106]

Ek noem dit "Trail Tongue" :)

<hijack>

On that note, would I not be better off going for THIS then? It's the same price, the stem is a little shorter still and the rise a bit higher, which sounds great to me, being 1.95m in height.

</hijack>

Ek noem dit "Trail Tongue" :)

my only concern there would be the 35mm stem being a bit short and cramping your cockpit a bit. Yes, I'm advocating against getting a super short stem in your circumstances, as you're 1.95m tall and that may be a tad too much of a reduction considering your armspan. 

But yes - it is a HELLUVA deal. 

Ideally - I'd suggest getting a 45/50mm and then the 35 and then keeping the one that suits you best. 

Actually - drop the guys a line and see if you can pair the riser bar with the 45mm stem. Wayne (rapide owner) is normally pretty accommodating and is a lekker oke. You can get hold of him on the live chat. I'd be happier recommending the 45 & riser than the 35 and riser for now. 

my only concern there would be the 35mm stem being a bit short and cramping your cockpit a bit. Yes, I'm advocating against getting a super short stem in your circumstances, as you're 1.95m tall and that may be a tad too much of a reduction considering your armspan. 

But yes - it is a HELLUVA deal. 

Ideally - I'd suggest getting a 45/50mm and then the 35 and then keeping the one that suits you best. 

Actually - drop the guys a line and see if you can pair the riser bar with the 45mm stem. Wayne (rapide owner) is normally pretty accommodating and is a lekker oke. You can get hold of him on the live chat. I'd be happier recommending the 45 & riser than the 35 and riser for now. 

Awesome, I see that the 45 and high riser combo is actually an option on the site, so I'll go for that one then. Pair it with some chainring bolts and spacers for my 1x11 upgrade and I can get free shipping, whoohoo! :)

Hey guys.

If any of you are keen my mate Karl is setting up mates accommodation for Morzine for 2018. Dates are 18-31 July or thereabouts. Drop me a PM and I'll put you in touch.

Note. This is not a guided trip. You book your own flights etc. He's just setting up the accommodation. These types of trip are always better with a nice big crew.

If you are an Alpine virgin and are pining for endless (literally) single track and lots and lots and lots of free gravity then this is the trip for you. A nice burly enduro bike with big brakes and a dropper will do you fine. Flights are cheap right now. If you book early you can probably do the whole trip for under 25k. Maybe even under 20k if you stay away from the bars and bike shops. 

If you are a roadie you can do the Joux Plane and several other cols in the area. The road riding is every bit as good as the mountain biking too.

post-83454-0-45956300-1504005058_thumb.jpg

post-83454-0-35298100-1504005068_thumb.jpg

post-83454-0-73541500-1504005070_thumb.jpg

post-83454-0-32320900-1504005074_thumb.jpg

post-83454-0-76469900-1504005077_thumb.jpg

*Edit.

Ok so the dates are as follows for Karl's crew. 14/07/2018-28/07/2018

Accommodation is a rad chalet close enough to the town centre. And crucially. Not halfway up an Alp. The entire trip (ALL IN) will set you back about 30k.

Flights 9000

Accom (14 nights) 8000

Lift Pass 2000

Visa  1200

Insurance 1500

Food & booze money 8000

Airport transfers are included in the Accommodation cost.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Took a gamble, knowing the weather forecast ....

commuted yesterday afternoon, and managed to commute to work this morning before the rain started.    :thumbup:   :whistling:

Good to hear the Cape is getting some rain.

I measured 6mm today, with a bit more predicted for tonight.

Actually been having these small bits regularly over the last few weeks.

NOT sure how much of this actually reach the catchment areas.

I measured 6mm today, with a bit more predicted for tonight.

Actually been having these small bits regularly over the last few weeks.

NOT sure how much of this actually reach the catchment areas.

Managed to dodge it both this morning and this evening........we need the rain so badly I wouldn't even have bitched if I got soaked :)

I did get up Dorst Berg (though I walked most of the way ... my personal goal is to ride more of it each time), then you get the guys that do 2 or 3 runs up it .... RESPECT !

I did get up Dorst Berg (though I walked most of the way ... my personal goal to ride more of it each time), then you get the guys that do 2 or 3 runs up it .... RESPECT !

Ou Dorsie

She'll warm you up hey