• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

A permanent RTFW has played havoc with my training schedule. Looking forward to a chilly, windy ride tomorrow and some quality training next week before the Race for Victory next weekend.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

A permanent RTFW has played havoc with my training schedule. Looking forward to a chilly, windy ride tomorrow and some quality training next week before the Race for Victory next weekend.

My full service took on a life of its own .... bike still on the stand, in pieces .....  between stuck bolts and loadshedding I will have to spend Saturday morning to finishing the service .....

With any luck a nice proper ride on Sunday.

As grateful as I am for Zwift .... nothing beats the real wind in your hair ride ....

As if the rain outside is not enough .... even tonights Zwift ride was in the virtual rain ...

Edited by ChrisF

On 8/17/2022 at 1:30 PM, NotSoBigBen said:

To casualty on Saturday ... an altercation with a dog at some speed 🥴

Face looks a bit like from a Frankenstein movie at the moment, broken nose, 3 top teeth gone, missing piece of the top lip and other cuts and abrasions. Lots of stitches, getting TLC from my dear wife. Nou ja ... it'll heal in time

So what to do while I wait, ag might as well paint a bike 🤪 ..... or maybe 2

IMG-20220817-WA0004~2.jpeg

Sjoe, sterkte, Oom!

On 8/17/2022 at 1:30 PM, NotSoBigBen said:

To casualty on Saturday ... an altercation with a dog at some speed 🥴

Face looks a bit like from a Frankenstein movie at the moment, broken nose, 3 top teeth gone, missing piece of the top lip and other cuts and abrasions. Lots of stitches, getting TLC from my dear wife. Nou ja ... it'll heal in time

So what to do while I wait, ag might as well paint a bike 🤪 ..... or maybe 2

IMG-20220817-WA0004~2.jpeg

Bennie, how’re you doing, Bruuuu? Hope the pain is oraait and your spirit is steady.

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Bennie, how’re you doing, Bruuuu? Hope the pain is oraait and your spirit is steady.

Strangely enough not so much pain as discomfort luckily, the wonders of modern medicine. Fortunately my dear wife has looked after me well. Had a follow up visit today and the doc is very happy with the way the wounds are healing. Changing and dressing them 4 times a day is doing the trick.

To be reviewed next Thursday and the stitches will probably come out then. Then to the dentist ...

Hopefully I can go out without scaring children and old ladies soon!

Thanks for the concern mate 👍