• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx bud, that's why am so bummed, all those hours for naught.

at least I have a more that decent base going in winter. 

I was also following your training and bummed to hear that you couldn't finish.You certainly did put in the training.

I like to think of myself as a fairly seasoned cyclist (of 5years) and feel that I've moved past all the sales bullsh@t, marketing hype and industry trends......but when you're susceptible your susceptible....... so I find gravel bikes moerse appealing, I still think fatbikes look like a helluva lot of fun and once a year when Argus season comes round roadie fever hits.......e95503f2811a50c46f89a22a791339d4.jpg4a7ed30909483060d2a534ce3cf7c76b.jpg

Edited by BenReaper

I’ve had a few days to reflect, contemplate and feel very sorry for myself. What follows is by no means a race report, this is only applicable if you’ve actually finished the whole ride, I’m merely trying to figure out (and justify to myself) why my planned 315km TransXhariep journey ended at 120km....

@fanievb - sometimes **** just happens. You can be in the shape of your life but your body and mind just have a k@k day out.

Like you said - I know loads of okes who bailed, so you're not alone. Don't over analyse. Don't beat yourself up. Learn to love your bike again. Set some new goals. And move on.

@fanievb - sometimes **** just happens. You can be in the shape of your life but your body and mind just have a k@k day out.

Like you said - I know loads of okes who bailed, so you're not alone. Don't over analyse. Don't beat yourself up. Learn to love your bike again. Set some new goals. And move on.

thanks bro.

reading your report I'm sitting and thinking about a big day (actually been looking at routes for a while)

but it would be EC style on the dikwiel and visits to spaza shops and shebeens.....

thanks bro.

reading your report I'm sitting and thinking about a big day (actually been looking at routes for a while)

but it would be EC style on the dikwiel and visits to spaza shops and shebeens.....

I'm never sure if I am getting old, getting wise (or both), but the appeal of having fun on bikes is starting win over racing and doing well. I look at my kid riding his bike, and the only thing that determines when, where and for how long he rides, is whether he is having a good time. I think we could all learn something from him...

I'm never sure if I am getting old, getting wise (or both), but the appeal of having fun on bikes is starting win over racing and doing well. I look at my kid riding his bike, and the only thing that determines when, where and for how long he rides, is whether he is having a good time. I think we could all learn something from him...

Riding with Maritz for the last 2 years have been a learning curve !  :whistling:

While I teach him about perseverance and pushing through ... he teaches me to stop and enjoy the scenery .....  :thumbup:

time and a place for BOTH approaches ...

The shite with me is that the older I get the more hardegat I get. I have a point to prove and am willing to kill myself proving that point.

It hurts like hell to no longer have the ability to mix it up at the sharp end of the race.

I think I have found my happy place in ultra endurance stuff. Chilled crowd of hard ass okes trying to finish epic stuff

I like it.