• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Got humbled by the Karoo. 38 degrees, block headwind, serious elevation (for a Free Stater). My partner pulled the plug just short of 170km. Cramping like a meister. Riding 500m and then walking 500m. He claims it was an off day. I think it could have been the 38 date fingers that he stuffed down his cake hole. Anyway, decision had to be made. I had the choice, carry on riding or do the team thing. You know that one for all, all for one thing. I chose the latter.

I am convinced that it was the correct decision as my trip switch wasnt far from flicking.

All in all a great weekend ride.

I had the opportunity of meeting fellow hubber and all round good oke Fanievb. Magic oke. Was a privilage. B.t.w I think that Strava was generous with the elevation.

post-16512-0-16323600-1551621274_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-93570900-1551621309_thumb.jpegpost-16512-0-22840500-1551621336_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Vetseun

Took a short ride to clear my head after my dad passed away this morning.52d671a80d7ec84de51409f8246a5b3d.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear mate.  Sympathy to all.

Took a short ride to clear my head after my dad passed away this morning.52d671a80d7ec84de51409f8246a5b3d.jpg

Aai Bennie. My innige simpatie vir jou en jou familie.

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Got humbled by the Karoo. 38 degrees, block headwind, serious elevation (for a Free Stater). My partner pulled the plug just short of 170km. Cramping like a meister. Riding 500m and then walking 500m. He claims it was an off day. I think it could have been the 38 date fingers that he stuffed down his cake hole. Anyway, decision had to be made. I had the choice, carry on riding or do the team thing. You know that one for all, all for one thing. I chose the latter.

I am convinced that it was the correct decision as my trip switch wasnt far from flicking.

I had the opportunity of meeting fellow hubber and all round good oke Fanievb. Magic oke. Was a privilage. B.t.w I think that Strava was generous with the elevation.

attachicon.gif20190303_154413.jpgattachicon.gif1551619856150.jpegattachicon.gif1551619861134.jpeg

Lekker Vettie.

The feeling is mutual.

And I agree the conditions were horrendous.

I'm still feeling sorry for myself. Race report to follow

attachicon.gif20190303_154413.jpgattachicon.gif1551619856150.jpegattachicon.gif1551619861134.jpeg

... but would Chuck Norris have left a man in the field ...??

Lekker Vettie.

The feeling is mutual.

You guys doing Swartberg???

Feeling a bit of a chop, for posting this after the last couple of posts.

Sorry to hear BSG, not easy, good luck with what is to come.

Some serious kms being thrown around here.

I thought I had a great ride this morning. Had to make it quick, as I had tix for the cricket. Felt strong ( strongest in years) and it was a great morning for a ride.

Ps. The highveld is showing off, on it's last legs before the dreary winter sets in, so these days are appreciated

post-24416-0-68847100-1551633784_thumb.jpeg

Edited by RocknRolla

Stunning loop down to Glentana this morning with my boy, Dad and good mates. Beautiful buffalo with a calf right along the road. Crazy how many okes were on the road dusting off the cobwebs for CTCT. Then we don't seem them again till March next year! :D

That's a nice route to ride, one of my preferred routes.

Lekker Vettie.

The feeling is mutual.

It looks like conditions were terrible judging by the results alone. Looks like more than 50% on entrants on the 'full' had a DNF. Well done for giving it a go.