Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

You lost yours to a very good rider. He’s taken plenty in our training areas.

Really, at those times he deserves the kom ???? odenaal had the same time but has obviously deleted his ride .

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, at those times he deserves the kom odenaal had the same time but has obviously deleted his ride .

Looking at the segment you lost, I sat behind a truck at 60km/h and completed it in 7:45. On the leader board, my best effort is just over 11 minutes, as that truck slipstream is not shared with everyone, so doesn't appear on the board.

My truck drafting effort places me at 1:16 behind the KOM. As good as any rider may be, I call BS on that effort, even if there was a tail wind. I won't flag it, as I'm not that serious on KOMs, but rather see going for one as a challenge. 50km/h for 7Km solo will require 597W - use this website as a guide to working out the power required at a set speed - https://www.gribble.org/cycling/power_v_speed.html

The one I lost today is a genuine effort - I saw the bloke trying last week on my run, and he obviously got it right today. 3:44 at 340W (4.4W/Kg) is not impossible for us amateurs. 

Looking at the segment you lost, I sat behind a truck at 60km/h and completed it in 7:45. On the leader board, my best effort is just over 11 minutes, as that truck slipstream is not shared with everyone, so doesn't appear on the board.

My truck drafting effort places me at 1:16 behind the KOM. As good as any rider may be, I call BS on that effort, even if there was a tail wind. I won't flag it, as I'm not that serious on KOMs, but rather see going for one as a challenge. 50km/h for 7Km solo will require 597W - use this website as a guide to working out the power required at a set speed - https://www.gribble.org/cycling/power_v_speed.html

The one I lost today is a genuine effort - I saw the bloke trying last week on my run, and he obviously got it right today. 3:44 at 340W (4.4W/Kg) is not impossible for us amateurs.

i think it’s only a 4km section . It is what it is.... I would never flag someone’s kom just not me .

Edit : oh I see the whole segment is 7km .

Edited by Pikey

Challenge on: get this back by year end. I need to work on my 5m power, so now I have a goal to work towards. Was mine from December 2015, so age will play a factor too.

b9c88f81e1e8bf2053134403b8dff43a.jpg

my old hunting grounds.

now i need to visit my parents and take my bike with, I want to see what time I cam do

my old hunting grounds.

now i need to visit my parents and take my bike with, I want to see what time I cam do

It’s a nice long drag with a couple bends, and one dangerous right turn at a T-junction (3-way stop). The final bit is a little steeper than the beginning, but is a good test of your max effort for 4 mins. Prevailing wind is a NW, so on most days it’s a headwind. One day when I’m fortunate, I’ll get a wind from behind SSE, S or SSW and will fly up there. In 12 years of riding that road, I cannot remember ever being fortunate. A breathless morning is about the best one can hope for, and traffic free.

It’s a nice long drag with a couple bends, and one dangerous right turn at a T-junction (3-way stop). The final bit is a little steeper than the beginning, but is a good test of your max effort for 4 mins. Prevailing wind is a NW, so on most days it’s a headwind. One day when I’m fortunate, I’ll get a wind from behind SSE, S or SSW and will fly up there. In 12 years of riding that road, I cannot remember ever being fortunate. A breathless morning is about the best one can hope for, and traffic free.

I used to ride Phillips often, just not all the way to Odendaal. It always took more effort than you think it should to get up there.