Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

5 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

That last climb ???? I had heard its crazy, but wowzer, that was intense, what a ride though, it was well worth the effort and suffering, also saw quite a lot of game which is always nice.

I would assume they are open, but would maybe phone first and make sure

The last climb is toughie, good test of your mental state when you do it the first time, in fact anytime really. Seems never ending & starts going up with little respite from the gate without really noticing it.  

I hate the first climb from the car park more to be honest. 

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Pikey said:

The last climb is toughie, good test of your mental state when you do it the first time, in fact anytime really. Seems never ending & starts going up with little respite from the gate without really noticing it.  

That's why I generally start at the gate nearest to the circus ....

33 minutes ago, Pikey said:

The first one was horrible, but the legs are still fresh, the last climb just felt never ending, now that I know it though, next time wont be so bad, I stopped for a breather two times climbing it, but it was so near the top, next time I will just mash my way up, and maybe fit a bigger granny gear ????

Started with my wife saying 'you need to be back by 9:30' for a birthday breakfast ... left early then got a WhatsApp at 8 to say 'it's cancelled no more rush'  so just kept going ????

Before I knew it a ton was done! Love how miles just pass on a gravel bike ????

20211031_084910.jpg

43 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

The first one was horrible, but the legs are still fresh, the last climb just felt never ending, now that I know it though, next time wont be so bad, I stopped for a breather two times climbing it, but it was so near the top, next time I will just mash my way up, and maybe fit a bigger granny gear ????

As @NotSoBigBensaid ,start at the other gate . Makes it ever so slightly easier . Ride from the circus to sbr do the loop and back. Really a good ride.  The 1st time you do sbr that last climb is just a mind f@k ????

Edited by Pikey

2 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Started with my wife saying 'you need to be back by 9:30' for a birthday breakfast ... left early then got a WhatsApp at 8 to say 'it's cancelled no more rush'  so just kept going ????

Before I knew it a ton was done! Love how miles just pass on a gravel bike ????

20211031_084910.jpg

I feel cheated ????

First ride in my backyard since it opened after the devastating fires early in the year. The pincushions on the UCT Upper Campus are something else this year! Higher up, where they are cutting the burnt pines down, it looks a little like Dellville Wood after World War 1, but in stead if poppies there are many different species of fynbos flowers making an appearance. Really spectacular. Edit: For those not in the know, the notch in the mountain is where the Devil and Van Hunks have their smoking contest!

2021-10-31 002.jpg

2021-10-31 010.jpg

Edited by DJR

2 minutes ago, Pikey said:

As @NotSoBigBensaid ,start at the other gate . Marks it ever so slightly easier . Ride from the circus to sbr do the loop and back. Really a good ride.  The 1st time you do sbr that last climb is just a mind f@k ????

Maybe you guys can guide and coach me along one day ????

33 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Maybe you guys can guide and coach me along one day ????

Anytime , always happy to have company ????

Headed out to the deep south to help my dad fit a new chlorinator to his pool. Was supposed to be 55km but turned to early so landed up at 46. 
Wind was from behind going out and I cruised through. 

then at around mid day I headed back home, thankfully the wind had dropped but it was still not easy. 
showered at and lay down to rest for 10minutes, 45minutes later I work up with my daughter putting a blanket on me and giving me a kiss. 

Hennops for a bit of fun on the bike.

Really enjoyable trails, nothing technical, no lungbusting climbs, just fun on the bike, with some decent scenery.

BFBDBE13-50F3-4F59-8642-FC86579DEF6F.jpeg.56e8f3baae76d684257b0a3a92e983d1.jpeg

I really enjoyed the last “skeleton” trail so much, I was grinning.

9258A5B3-7BDB-4E39-8852-86603574F382.jpeg.d06539923a3fdff463f4a65bd3b47f84.jpeg

And of course, a pretty good excuse for some Ale House red ale and pizza…

835D064D-BBEB-4337-9606-51014334C7AE.jpeg.d0a0d797db5820e691d996fc32bb71ab.jpeg

Still not loving Frankenbike. I am liking being able to ride a bike tho.