• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

Conties and Bloemendaaler lunch time outing - what a gem it was! Couple of spectators also enjoying the views and the green grass.

20230606_122716.jpg

Swiss Epic 2023 training ...

On 6/5/2023 at 11:21 AM, RudolphG said:

Summertime and miles and miles of dry gravel in North Yorkshire. 1(16).jpg.1dfa7a75586f6ca252a42bbf2f5f0d03.jpg

1(15).jpg

1(14).jpg

1(13).jpg

20230603_122044(1).jpg

1(12).jpg

1(11).jpg

1(10).jpg

1(9).jpg

1(8).jpg

I might get into gravel biking when I see that...

8 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

Gale’s cousin Misty came to visit this morning. Visibility down to just a few meters in places, had to be careful. 

5422D866-0D97-42E4-88D4-FB544896DAB4.jpeg

Its typical, where ever there's an airport the mist will come. Having grown up right next to the JS / ORT I always wondered if they did a viability study of the area before going ahead with the airport.

27 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Its typical, where ever there's an airport the mist will come. Having grown up right next to the JS / ORT I always wondered if they did a viability study of the area before going ahead with the airport.

Apparently they did and the area it’s built in does not get big weather fluctuations. 

On 6/6/2023 at 12:29 PM, NotSoBigBen said:

Ma se hare 🫣

A quick zoom into that windsock way in the distance would indicate Gale certainly got up on the wrong side of the bed today!

The Highveld certainly not the prettiest in winter ..

IMG_20230606_122438_371.jpg

IMG_20230606_122438_475.jpg

Oom se mooi fiets maak darem op vir die vaalgeit

10 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

Gale’s cousin Misty came to visit this morning. Visibility down to just a few meters in places, had to be careful. 

1 hour ago, SwissVan said:

40 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Apparently they did and the area it’s built in does not get big weather fluctuations. 

OR T is a CAT II rated airport, so the (instrument) decision making point, in poor visibility, is >350m at 30-60m above ground level.

Having never landed a plane, I can’t imagine the speed difference between a bicycle and a plane, and having to make a decision at that speed.