Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

did the Welvanpas white route - some hectic downhill and almost all of the 30km route is singletrack, at least 80%. Got the technical skills nicely tuned up again after road season. Really beautiful out there, will be back.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

It's amazing how random a bike crash is.

I had the fastest biggest scariest crash of my life today at Tokai. I still can't believe I got away with it.

I reckon I was hitting 55 down DH3 Nice little tail wind was blowing. Over jumped the one jump by miles. landed in the sand. lost the front and landed on my shoulder and head. As I was going down I was thinking. Boy. Today you're going to the hospital. That DH3 is probably the fastest piece of track for DH bikes in the Cape. It's definitely a place you don't want to crash cos you are going FAST!

Really lucky to get away with that one. Got a big lump on my thigh and hip and my neck is a bit tweaked but that's it. Crazy.

It's amazing how random a bike crash is.

I had the fastest biggest scariest crash of my life today at Tokai. I still can't believe I got away with it.

I reckon I was hitting 55 down DH3 Nice little tail wind was blowing. Over jumped the one jump by miles. landed in the sand. lost the front and landed on my shoulder and head. As I was going down I was thinking. Boy. Today you're going to the hospital. That DH3 is probably the fastest piece of track for DH bikes in the Cape. It's definitely a place you don't want to crash cos you are going FAST!

Really lucky to get away with that one. Got a big lump on my thigh and hip and my neck is a bit tweaked but that's it. Crazy.

Jeez dude. Glad you came out of that one okay. Head/neck injuries are the last place you wanna get involved.

That picture is on Boulders

As far as I know Fairy Garden will be logged, but not Boulders at this stage.

faerie garden will be a real loss. It had changed in character from its beginning, but is still a great flowing trail

................I reckon I was hitting 55 down DH3 Nice little tail wind was blowing. Over jumped the one jump by miles. .............................

I came down from the mast yesterday in somewhat of a hurry (had to fetch one of the youngsters) and was doing about 50 down the jeep track. Three guys riding DH3 next to me kept up easily! Seriously scary if you come off at that speed! A tail wind there, have sent more than one guy over the landing and on to the ER.

Guest Omega Man

A tail wind there, have sent more than one guy over the landing and on to the ER.

Yeah I think I got really really lucky today.

We rode Red Hill for the first time. What an amazing climb.

Love those hairpin bends

Beautiful

Not my bike but rather a loan unit from the lodge. Great view though.post-18409-1395500165,0031.jpg

You're in the Cape and haven't called for a Hub beer? Eish!

Early morning ride at Tokai today, followed my Contermans this afternoon - Hopefully everything dries out :clap:

Early morning ride at Tokai today, followed my Contermans this afternoon - Hopefully everything dries out :clap:

Postponed our ride at 7.45 it looks pretty wet out there

Postponed our ride at 7.45 it looks pretty wet out there

We started as it was getting light, by the time we were at the top we were wet, cold and the wind was pumping. It mad for an interesting decent, did see my arse on Cobra, rocks are very slippery and apparently the Nobby Nics I'm running are not great for wet rocks & roots. Fun ride nevertheless :thumbup: It was my first ride in Tokai in 6 months at least.

We started as it was getting light, by the time we were at the top we were wet, cold and the wind was pumping. It mad for an interesting decent, did see my arse on Cobra, rocks are very slippery and apparently the Nobby Nics I'm running are not great for wet rocks & roots. Fun ride nevertheless :thumbup: It was my first ride in Tokai in 6 months at least.

brave man.. those rocks are pretty slick when they are dry

Took my mtb with to Mosselbay this morning and after church wife and kids took off to the mall and luckily I had an excuse to cycle back to Groot Brak, only 26km's but it was nice.