Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Late afternoon ride today... Wearing a bright red/pink shirt makes you very unwelcome by the wildebeest.

post-44041-0-44572400-1450111036_thumb.jpegpost-44041-0-16799600-1450111071_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Uni

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Late afternoon ride today... Wearing a bright red/pink shirt makes you very unwelcome by the wildebeest.

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

You sure it wasn't the decapitated animal mounted on the handlebars that scared them off..?

They probably didn't want to be mounted on the other side :P

You sure it wasn't the decapitated animal mounted on the handlebars that scared them off..?

They probably didn't want to be mounted on the other side :P

I've told you countless times Lurchy. You can't have Grrrrr, he's staying , stop with your manipulation to make me get rid of hm already.

I'll get you your own, just be patient.

I've told you countless times Lurchy. You can't have Grrrrr, he's staying , stop with your manipulation to make me get rid of hm already.

I'll get you your own, just be patient.

It's not aero enough to go on one of my bikes anyway ;)

Schalk from SIlverback was awesome and arranged one of their in-house Prototype 27.5+ bikes, the Square, to join them for the Helderberg Free ride day.  What a rad crowd to ride with, the guys are tough - hard on the climbs, even harder on the downhills.  The bike is ridiculous - its's like riding an MX bike, you go through sections that normally would be hairy without thinking about it, and through sections that would normally be fatal, only slightly hairy.  Even on another man's bike, very different from my own setup, and a bit small for me, I could hit most of the jumps on the black line and rail through slippery wet corners like a madman. 

Lekker people, super trails, epic bike.

Maybe a plus should be on my shortlist for my next bike!

post-2231-0-03743100-1450165237_thumb.jpg

post-2231-0-32109100-1450165249_thumb.jpg

post-2231-0-00449800-1450165263_thumb.jpg

post-2231-0-42406900-1450165306_thumb.jpg

Very cool pic. :thumbup: I can't wait to go home and try it myself!

You'll no doubt have better results...my BlackBerry is awful for pics!

Schalk from SIlverback was awesome and arranged one of their in-house Prototype 27.5+ bikes, the Square, to join them for the Helderberg Free ride day.  What a rad crowd to ride with, the guys are tough - hard on the climbs, even harder on the downhills.  The bike is ridiculous - its's like riding an MX bike, you go through sections that normally would be hairy without thinking about it, and through sections that would normally be fatal, only slightly hairy.  Even on another man's bike, very different from my own setup, and a bit small for me, I could hit most of the jumps on the black line and rail through slippery wet corners like a madman. 

Lekker people, super trails, epic bike.

Maybe a plus should be on my shortlist for my next bike!

attachicon.gifDSC_2413.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_2414.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_2411.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_2412c.jpg

Lucky guy!

What is your impression of the Manitou Magnum fork? I've read a few reviews, with some testers calling it "clunky".

Lucky guy!

What is your impression of the Manitou Magnum fork? I've read a few reviews, with some testers calling it "clunky".

I didn't get the "clunky" feeling. I got there a bit late - so I had like 10 minutes to set up the bike for me, swopped brakes, pumped tyres, adjust seat height, flipped stem etc, and so when we had to start I just guessed an air volume for the fork - turns out I'm OK at the guessing thing.  Fork was stiff and plush without diving. Soaked up big hits and only bottomed out on one hit that caught me by surprise.  The 35mm stanctions looks awesome and the fork really feels solid and surprisingly light on the front end.

I myself would not buy Manitou forks (we have a bad history), but if this one came OEM on a bike, I would keep it. 

no, he just has really small hands.

At first I thought it might just be distorted perspective due to the shape of the bell and then when I saw two hands holding the phone I thought tablet :P