• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

I somehow knew you'd be happy to see this Myles. Glad to see you enjoyed the Red Trail last week. My knees are still knocking from my ride down it... We're different kinds of riders, you and me.... :D

Edited by sawystertrance

I somehow knew you'd be happy to see this Myles. Glad to see you enjoyed the Red Trail last week. My knees are still knocking from my ride down it... We're different kinds of riders, you and me.... :D

Should have tried it in the wind there was last week... Yoikes!

But LOL. It's all good, man. All about progression, and that ride marked the beginning of the confidence coming back. As rutted, loose & windy as it was, it was perfect. 

It may all be about progression for you...for me it seemed to be about just making it down..

LOL. 

http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201503_1428_becea_sm.png

Seriously though. You made it. Now do it again. Do more like it. It'll get a little bit easier every time, I promise you. A little less on the brakes, more time OFF the saddle (yes, don't sit down - makes it MUCH worse) and with the saddle a bit lowered...

Bit by bit, it helps. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

LOL. 

http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201503_1428_becea_sm.png

Seriously though. You made it. Now do it again. Do more like it. It'll get a little bit easier every time, I promise you. A little less on the brakes, more time OFF the saddle (yes, don't sit down - makes it MUCH worse) and with the saddle a bit lowered...

Bit by bit, it helps. 

i think i need to get this permanently on my bike top tube and handlebar .... 

it was brilliant riding amongst the pine again!

Will those pines be staying? Cause it is probably the only place around Cape Town that has shade to ride in

Good question. They seemed burnt at the bottoms but the crowns were green enough. I did wonder why they stayed - perhaps it's because they serve a recreational purpose? Go ride Canaries soon just in case. 

I must say, it was great to be there. I was - as far as I could see- the only person on the trail and it was just so quiet and peaceful. Could hear every bump and grunt... :)  

Edited by sawystertrance

I reward my bike with a new chain and cassette ,

post-44041-0-56777000-1455887647_thumb.jpeg

decide to pop into PWC for a nice chill ride.

post-44041-0-59828200-1455887699_thumb.jpeg

post-44041-0-65840800-1455888020_thumb.jpeg

Mind starts wandering, over steer on this corner, I thought I managed to correct in time, but front wheel caught on edge and gravity said "don't worry, I got you"

post-44041-0-57845100-1455887829_thumb.jpeg

Remember some swearing, screaming then splash ( coincidental my bike is a Splash) and I'm waiting for my bike to fall on top of me. Fortunately the pedal was caught on the bridge so it was hanging precariously over me, sitting waist deep in some not too fresh water.

Clamber out, check myself. Then pull my bike out. Then realize my sunnies are in the pool of water, and I'm not going back in to get it.

post-44041-0-92043200-1455887884_thumb.jpeg

I think I deserve to win that giveaway. First proper wipeout in a long time.

I was bloody grateful for the shower facilities there. Got off lightly with a few scratches on my arms and legs, I expect to be black and blue later. :(

My phone was in my back pocket, it survived the bath, but I broke that stupid flappy thing on the Sony. I should've just gone to work.

Hope you all have a less wet ride this weekend.

Edited by Uni