Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Favourite way to avoid traffic in Rondebosch and Newlands via Liesbeeck River Walk on towards Constantia Greenbelt

O man, I just love that route. Is it cleaned up a bit, was slightly dodge a long while back?

I need to ride there again, close to home, so good for an after work buzzzzzzzzz

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Riding in the rain at Giba, with mates...fun times (gopro)

Is that Ronnie?

Favourite way to avoid traffic in Rondebosch and Newlands via Liesbeeck River Walk on towards Constantia Greenbelt

that looks like a secret garden path - looks lovely. 

that looks like a secret garden path - looks lovely. 

It is the Liesbeeck River Walk and you can follow it from just below Kirstenbosch Botanical gardens, all the way down to the River Club, the whole length of the stream. That's a good 10 km of path just about all of it off the road and three quarters of it in beautiful landscaped surroundings. In the middle, through Rondebosch there is a short dodgy area that can be avoided and the lower part is somewhat uglier that the upper part. Most of it is looked after by the Friends of the Liesbeeck, a community organisation that has been doing landscaping and cleaning up for about 2 decades now. If anyone ever feels like helping, or sponsoring a worthwhile initiative, here is their link.

http://fol.org.za/

Edited by DJR

Some say how can you keep riding at Thaba Trails week in and week out ..... Well it's because there are always changes and improvements being made to keep it interesting and provide more trails. Like this new section being planned and cleared at the Fire Station! Even the newly opened 'knee down' switchbacks (my name for it [emoji41] ) has changed since last week [emoji3] - Samuel has been cleaned and is now a part of my 'normal' lap, more fun stuff!

post-271-1462901396,1572.jpg

post-271-1462901414,9487.jpg

Some say how can you keep riding at Thaba Trails week in and week out ..... Well it's because there are always changes and improvements being made to keep it interesting and provide more trails. Like this new section being planned and cleared at the Fire Station! Even the newly opened 'knee down' switchbacks (my name for it [emoji41] ) has changed since last week [emoji3] - Samuel has been cleaned and is now a part of my 'normal' lap, more fun stuff!

attachicon.gifImage1462901387.205836.jpg

attachicon.gifImage1462901411.791677.jpg

I have still never ridden there. Must make a plan soon...

Some say how can you keep riding at Thaba Trails week in and week out ....

i'm keep to go try my new tyre out at Thaba - maybe I'll get around Fire Engine without drawing blood

i'm keep to go try my new tyre out at Thaba - maybe I'll get around Fire Engine without drawing blood

Not sure when last you were there but quite a bit of work has been done in FireStation as well ....

Hoogies small loop. Rapidly running out of light in the afternoons, and as night riding isn't allowed on the Tygerberg trails (they're all on private property so it's kinda logical) there's not much time to put in a loop after work. Makes for AWESOME riding on the way down though when the light is running out

post-3056-0-05924100-1462951093_thumb.jpg

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Hoogies small loop. Rapidly running out of light in the afternoons, and as night riding isn't allowed on the Tygerberg trails (they're all on private property so it's kinda logical) there's not much time to put in a loop after work. Makes for AWESOME riding on the way down though when the light is running out

Yeah, I stopped going already in the eve, but mainly for other reasons. Also need to find a shorter loop for now, and contermans should have. Havent been there for years

attachicon.gifImage1462901387.205836.jpg

attachicon.gifImage1462901411.791677.jpg

i rode there yesterday as well Wendell told me to try the new & improved Samuel and see what I think . Wendel your a trail making king. Gotta love thaba..well I do . Late afternoon ride was getting dark near the end . Knee down switchbacks are very sweet and now with the added piece in and little jump...awesome awesome awesome .

Sorry about pics must have been tired and laying down taking them.

post-51529-0-00630600-1462956053_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-72674900-1462956068_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-93310800-1462956081_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-02763000-1462956093_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pikey

Give me a shout when you do, will meet you there!

Thanks S@B. What's the entry fee?