Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

A little cycle to the Col du Grand St-Bernard on the border of Swiss and Italy after passing over Champex-lac.

2400m ascent in 93km and 4 hrs.

Was freezing to say none the less and I forgot my armwarmers...&$#£ idiot.

Pleasant views non the less

post-8555-0-91907400-1465116111_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

So we did some more MTB Riding in Mozambique going to Corumana Dam, but Exploring some other trails Until we reach the Kruger Park Border... Awesome Ride, but we were not alone.... We found plenty of Lion Tracks. But hey, this is Africa, not a place for sissies. So we just carried on Cycling.... :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Love riding in Moz. 

If you get chased just gooi those bar ends at them.... :ph34r:  :whistling:  

If I saw those "leeu spore" I would have trapped to stay ahead of my partner, DEFINATELY!!!

I would have gone in the opposite direction to where they're pointing because I am that slowest rider

Yesterday at Northerns - loving the colours there at the moment. It's as if the trees are holding on to the last bits of colour before the bitter cold tips them barren and grey.

post-44041-0-00802300-1465133145_thumb.jpeg

Was cool meeting RocknRolla - always good to put a face to the name. :)

Then today to my first DNF - single handedly keeping sweepers company. My goal for the day was go ride otherwise inaccessible trails and have fun, the bits I did ride were great. I'm glad I called it though, I remembered why I like my solo rides, but maybe next year, definitely less scary this time round, I need to do more climbing rides at Thaba though.

post-44041-0-40072900-1465133268_thumb.jpeg

Yesterday at Northerns - loving the colours there at the moment. It's as if the trees are holding on to the last bits of colour before the bitter cold tips them barren and grey.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Was cool meeting RocknRolla - always good to put a face to the name. :)

Then today to my first DNF - single handedly keeping sweepers company. My goal for the day was go ride otherwise inaccessible trails and have fun, the bits I did ride were great. I'm glad I called it though, I remembered why I like my solo rides, but maybe next year, definitely less scary this time round, I need to do more climbing rides at Thaba though.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Thaba is great practice for sure & great leveller

de029347766d874d24242e8ede83ef3e.jpg

bbfc8043281ae87c527e2f0aaa3d0042.jpg

Hit Van Gaalens today, was a chilly 4 degrees, but going up concrete strips sorts out any remaining coldenss.

Managed to somehow do an extra km up to Greek church, and I really despise going up to greek church.

Finished a lekker day in the highveld off with a recovery shake.

00ae2d4ce3389007b2a851a7aee3e229.jpg

If you get chased just gooi those bar ends at them.... :ph34r:  :whistling:  

Believe you me, i'm giving him a lot of Sh@t because of those "Cow Horns" Bar ends of his.

Well According to him its very comfortable lol. :eek:  :ph34r:

I would have gone in the opposite direction to where they're pointing because I am that slowest rider

We actually did, :eek: . But it doesn't seem like the locals (mozambiquens) worry to much about that. Not even 50m down the road, we came across a lady walking all by her lonesome self fetching water from the river.  :ph34r:  :eek:

Coldest day (for me) on the bike today. A chilly & misty 100km ride. First road ride since the MD90.

aa570471119ad194dbf9c4e662228dcd.jpg

I miss my road bike. Still loooong before I have it again. 

Believe you me, i'm giving him a lot of Sh@t because of those "Cow Horns" Bar ends of his.

Well According to him its very comfortable lol. :eek:  :ph34r:

Lol... Ahhh so they don't belong to you