GLASGOW WORLD CHAMPS - dirt stuff!

Shebeen

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

how did you okes get to watch this live with the internet so slow...?!

Edited by cadenceblur

Often a poor starter, likely due to being quite a pocket rocket with smaller quad mossels, that Tom Pidcock can ride, hey. Saw a clip with him alongside Peter Sagan cruising the XC course and he looked like a 12 year old school boy compared to his dad who is a cross-fitz regular.

Mathieu is playing the underdog, I imagine, and saying he has no chance of winning. He just hopes to qualify for the Olympics. Probably some truth in there after what has been a remarkable season that only a few like Merckx or Boonen have achieved. His mental resolve, remarkable.

Alpecin' earns another rainbow jersey (yes, it's national jerseys) and it reflects well on what is happening with performance culture in that trade team environment.

14 hours ago, DJuice said:

People will hit on these bikes and Pinarello in general always stating they’re way overpriced and all that jazz. However you can’t deny they have proper racing pedigree. They win bucketloads of races. To win with Pidcock on debut with the full sus earlier and now again on debut with the hardtail is pretty amazing. They definitely have a knack for identifying the correct talent and team.

11 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

People will hit on these bikes and Pinarello in general always stating they’re way overpriced and all that jazz. However you can’t deny they have proper racing pedigree. They win bucketloads of races. To win with Pidcock on debut with the full sus earlier and now again on debut with the hardtail is pretty amazing. They definitely have a knack for identifying the correct talent and team.

not saying it's not a good bike, B U T he did win his Olympic gold on another brand (blanked so you couldn't see if it was a TLA from switzerland).

Tom Pidcock riding a BMC Fourstroke at the Tokyo Olympics

https://www.bikeradar.com/features/pro-bike/tom-pidcock-bmc-fourstroke/

or as Juan Pelota used to say, It's not about the bike*

(*as long as you have a nice one)

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

MvdP is fooling no one with those underdog tones 😄 Quite enjoyed his interview by Matt Stephens last night, he's a very down to earth and approachable guy?

Me too. I love his interviews. He has this "Cafe Ride" series of episodes on youtube where he chats to famous cyclists about their careers. I enjoyed the one with Bradley wiggins despite not being the biggest wiggins fan. He (Stephens) is modest, quick witted, always interested and always asking good questions. A very likeable guy.

16 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Wait they’ve smoked Pidcock!!! 😳😳😳

He came 3rd in the end. He tried hard to get to the front but never managed. You win some, you lose some. Here's to hoping he's at least in the second row for the XCO.

Sagan didn't do too shabby starting right at the back. Finished 37th overall, a little over a minute back.

https://www.uci.org/competition-details/2023/MTB/69008

34 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Me too. I love his interviews. He has this "Cafe Ride" series of episodes on youtube where he chats to famous cyclists about their careers. I enjoyed the one with Bradley wiggins despite not being the biggest wiggins fan. He (Stephens) is modest, quick witted, always interested and always asking good questions. A very likeable guy.

So why did he leave GCN? I'm not saying the presenters they have now are crappy.