La Vuelta a España 2023

peepeekaitjie

Just now, Vetplant said:

Is it my imagination, or is Roglic and Jonas riding for Sepp here? 

Hahaha hard to believe but with so much public outcry, they probably relented 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very much like SK is the protected man today......

All those who threw their toys prematurely.... tut tut

Racing to win GT vs racing to win stages.

Shows you that emotional outrage without knowing the plan is often silly.

Let things play out and enjoy. Okes are way to 'Days of our Lives' over this hahahaha

Just now, Jewbacca said:

Looks very much like SK is the protected man today......

All those who threw their toys prematurely.... tut tut

Racing to win GT vs racing to win stages.

Let things play out and enjoy. Okes are way to 'Days of our Lives' over this hahahaha

You say this but Jonas and Primoz dis not seem overly enthusiastic at the finish line. 

1 minute ago, Bub Marley said:

You say this but Jonas and Primoz dis not seem overly enthusiastic at the finish line. 

Which shows you they are riding for him despite perhaps wanting to.

Winners want to win but seem to be doing a job against their nature?

I stand by what I have said all along, Jumbo have a plan and we simply don't know it.

You don't win all 3 GTs and a a few handfuls of bike races in a season without having a plan as a team. I'm not that smart, but I can't imagine their complete dominance is by accident.

Also, imagine how boring the Vuelta might have been if Jonas and Rogi just sat wheel all race after Kuss took the jersey and Remco imploded… at least this way we got some serious action and lots of will they/won’t they! Vibe! Stoked for SK (how can you not be), but I’m still a Rog fan too!

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Sepp said in his interview that they all agreed to change the plan after how things played out on the Angliru. Nothing wrong with changing a plan, it was the right call. What some of us were saying is that the plan going into the stage yesterday might have been sound, but once all three were isolated up front the plan should have changed already. 

But yes, pish posh, all's well. 😀

8 hours ago, Maniax said:

For some unknown reason I didnt trust jonas or roglic until the last km of the stage. haha.

Glad the team started riding like a team.

But this race is by now means a gift to Kuss.  He deserved it 100%.

Yeah, there is something there with Roglic. Jonas on the other hand sat up at the finish to give Sepp some seconds back.

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Yeah, there is something there with Roglic. Jonas on the other hand sat up at the finish to give Sepp some seconds back.

Damned if you do damned if you don't. Doesn't wait for Sepp gets torn apart on social media. Sits up and waits for Sepp gets torn apart on social media

Nobody cares about Roglic feelings

Yesterday was very enjoyable to watch. Even Remco's win. The guy is good, very good, but so overhyped. When he goes for a stage win, like yesterday, very few can follow.

Watching the top 6 testing each other (okay 4;5;6 trying to) was nice to see. Seeing how SK countered everyone of those final efforts just confirms (to me at least) that he is more deserving of this Vuelta than ever before. Are the other 2 JV guys stronger at this stage ? Who cares, it does not matter. The guy in Red is more than capable of defending it.

If he cracks on Saturday and going to loose 3 minutes, putting Roglic's 3rd in danger, and another JV guy has to defend the Red for the team, then fair play.

JV (yes both Team and Rider), more of the same on Saturday please !

4 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

overhyped

there are still another 32 victories on his Palmares and he his only 23
Edited by peepeekaitjie

The guy is good, very good, but so overhyped. When he goes for a stage win, like yesterday, very few can follow.

Okay, let's focus on one word in those two sentences. I was more referring to having to listen to references like "Remarkable Remco" for the duration of the last climb.

Was also actually commenting more on my view of the stage in general.