La Vuelta a España 2023

peepeekaitjie

Just now, edgarblount said:

Tour of Poland crash? That was Fabio Jakobsen wasn't it? You referring to Remco's Il Lombardia crash?

Yes sorry, Lombardia… can still see some of the scars in camera shots. 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the Remco-dislikers (like myself) I suggest go and listen\watch the Lanterne Rouge podcast with him. I think your opinions of him might change a bit. The only thing I now dislike about Remco is his taste in music. But I can forgive him for that.  

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

He literally won the Vuelta last year so he’s proven he can do it over a 3 week tour.

Is he at the level of a Pogacar or Vingegaard? Clearly he isn’t but that doesn’t mean hes not a true GT rider.

A true GT rider for me is one with multiple wins in a quality field.

As D Dassie said, time will tell.   

32 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

A true GT rider for me is one with multiple wins in a quality field.

As D Dassie said, time will tell.   

Lately I read almost every 'newcomer' is the next legend without having to prove that much over time (yes I mean that limey and the dutchman amongst others). Taking nothing away from their achievements but I need to see a bit more but that's just me

Maar nou ja, hier sit ons 🤪

4,000 m vert tomorrow with Stage 20's lumpy course. Sepp's final test. Fortunately, he will have 2 of the 5 best GC riders in the world at this time being his super duper domestiques. 

Being in the break with Remco is tough, they say, like "trying to keep up with a scooter". He is one of the top 5 racers in the world and his versatility in GC, time trial and one day racing substantiates his class. He's got fire in his belly and has a sparkling personality. 50th victory yesterday and at 23 years old - remarkable. He will smaak another stage win tomorrow. Like or not like, he doesn't have to visit you and your family for supper; he surely entertains. 

Meanwhile, the other superstar Slovenian is racing again and busy peaking for the final Monument of the year. 

Quite a thing, hey, should the Giro winner, TdF winner and the likely Vuelta winner be on the podium together on Sunday? Like a glitch in the Matrix.

Big question: Who will challenge the Bumblebees next year in the 3 week race?

Pic: Simon Bromleyspacer.png

1 hour ago, edgarblount said:

To all the Remco-dislikers (like myself) I suggest go and listen\watch the Lanterne Rouge podcast with him. I think your opinions of him might change a bit. The only thing I now dislike about Remco is his taste in music. But I can forgive him for that.  

IMG_4384.jpeg.53511d8bcce4511408eff84b56a5973e.jpeg

4 hours ago, TheoG said:

What happen to "Andy Mcrossen" (I think) that was lead with her during the tour?  Hes not too terible ! ... ?

Edit: Might be Anthony.

He fell ill just before the Vuelta - like the day before-ish. I think she has done a wonderful job in the circumstances.

image.png.2dd43c02145145ea58f933d53b54455c.png

Edited by Tim Brink

1 hour ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

I think today's stage has Remco written all over it.

Green an option ??

I mean... why not?

1 hour ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

I think today's stage has Remco written all over it.

Green an option ??

Either way, still the greatest since sliced bread 

What a tactical masterclass by The Other Wout to eclipse the in-form Belgian.

And one of the biggest surprises or upsets in recent Grand Tour history, alongside Tao Geoghan Hart taking home the maglia rosa a few years ago during the COVID gogga time.

Jumbo-Visma - rulers of the Grand Tour Universe, 2023. 

Pic: @jumbo-visma

IMG_2850.jpeg

What has been the highlights of La Vuelta? 

Here's mine:

1) Unlikely GC Kuss in Red and whether he will be allowed to hold on to it till Madrid. 

2) Remco shipping time in GC, then bouncing back with stage wins. 

3) Jumbo Visa dominant in taking the entire GC podium. 

Outside that, nothing too memorable, or did I miss something?