94.7 shocking stadium security!

Emazing

1 hour ago, Michael Dewing said:

I never disagreed that security should have been better, but it wasn’t, and that’s the point really, it can’t be relied on.. 

my arguments are definitely falling apart because I’m not super good at writing down my thoughts.. but there are sound arguments for everything I’ve said in any situation, walk away, de escalate, escalate to de escalate and finally fight back..

if anyone meets me and wants to have a conversation about it that would be better..😉🤣🤣

im not a violent psychopath and all I did was raise my voice slightly and use a few curse words in telling three okes trying to get money out of me to get lost cos I knew it was free parking..

“Standing up for yourself” is also a broad term.. it can literally be you telling your friends that the party you meant to go to is in a dodgey part of town and you won’t be attending🤷🏼‍♂️.. or the extreme of fighting your way out of a situation..(that is always last resort) 

@Michael Dewing relax bud. Your argument is not falling apart😂 for every person that disagrees there is a person that probably agreed.  Don't take constructive criticism to heart. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Barry said:

@Michael Dewing relax bud. Your argument is not falling apart😂 for every person that disagrees there is a person that probably agreed.  Don't take constructive criticism to heart. 

Haha I’m relaxed.. 😉🤙🏻

I never take anything personally.!

im just not good at writing things down so I got a bit self conscious that I’m just starting to sound like a lunatic.. I promise I’m not😳🤣🤣🤣.. 

2 minutes ago, Michael Dewing said:

Haha I’m relaxed.. 😉🤙🏻

I never take anything personally.!

im just not good at writing things down so I got a bit self conscious that I’m just starting to sound like a lunatic.. I promise I’m not😳🤣🤣🤣.. 

😂 you can't please all the people all the time. Writing has nothing to do with it. Hell i can't write, spell for sh3t.

2 hours ago, Michael Dewing said:

I never disagreed that security should have been better, but it wasn’t, and that’s the point really, it can’t be relied on.. 

my arguments are definitely falling apart because I’m not super good at writing down my thoughts.. but there are sound arguments for everything I’ve said in any situation, walk away, de escalate, escalate to de escalate and finally fight back..

if anyone meets me and wants to have a conversation about it that would be better..😉🤣🤣

im not a violent psychopath and all I did was raise my voice slightly and use a few curse words in telling three okes trying to get money out of me to get lost cos I knew it was free parking..

“Standing up for yourself” is also a broad term.. it can literally be you telling your friends that the party you meant to go to is in a dodgey part of town and you won’t be attending🤷🏼‍♂️.. or the extreme of fighting your way out of a situation..(that is always last resort) 

no probs, you came out swinging and are justifying both your arguments and your shortcomings. We will get on well!

We agree on most things here, the probable disconnect is people's line in the sand between the ideal situation and reality on the ground is.  At the end of the day it takes a bike race minimum three years to build a good reputation and a single one to mess it up and go back to minus one.

This is up to RideJoburg to sort out or they will only shoot themselves in the foot. I can't believe that a megacity can shut off all the highways for a sunday but can't find a decent start finish venue. I'd be looking at schools/sportsclubs/malls if the stadium isn't possible. (argus is finished at from hamiltons rugby/cricket club fields).

ok enough mixed metaphors now, since you mentioned obsfest and I'm a business member in the community there i leave you with what they relaunched in between covid lockdown windows. hopefully they can do it again, it's not all doom and gloom - I'm even off to the armchair tomorrow night!

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

no probs, you came out swinging and are justifying both your arguments and your shortcomings. We will get on well!

We agree on most things here, the probable disconnect is people's line in the sand between the ideal situation and reality on the ground is.  At the end of the day it takes a bike race minimum three years to build a good reputation and a single one to mess it up and go back to minus one.

This is up to RideJoburg to sort out or they will only shoot themselves in the foot. I can't believe that a megacity can shut off all the highways for a sunday but can't find a decent start finish venue. I'd be looking at schools/sportsclubs/malls if the stadium isn't possible. (argus is finished at from hamiltons rugby/cricket club fields).

ok enough mixed metaphors now, since you mentioned obsfest and I'm a business member in the community there i leave you with what they relaunched in between covid lockdown windows. hopefully they can do it again, it's not all doom and gloom - I'm even off to the armchair tomorrow night!

No.!! Are you Jon shaban.(Jon shebeen)?! 😳😳🤣🤣

I know west coast wolves, I worked with alex(lex) back in the day.🤣🤣

I never disagreed with anyone on the security not being up to scratch, I just tried to show another perspective to the argument that is very real as well.. I get why it’s not well received.!😳.. I made broad statements about standing up for yourself or hardening up but I never attacked anyone personally.. I’m now getting comments on another thread (the comment is pretty funny and clever, I do appreciate it for that) because of what I’ve said on here.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

the internet is so sick.!🤣🤣

yeah they need to think about temp fencing off the parking areas and designated guards, and enough of them, there clearly wasn’t enough official guards.. 

when i was leaving I saw a number of security on horse back (might have been SAPS or JMPD, not sure). But clearly they were not to worried about chasing the scamsters away.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

when i was leaving I saw a number of security on horse back (might have been SAPS or JMPD, not sure). But clearly they were not to worried about chasing the scamsters away.

They were just horsing around. 😂

4 hours ago, Michael Dewing said:

No.!! Are you Jon shaban.(Jon shebeen)?! 😳😳🤣🤣

I know west coast wolves, I worked with alex(lex) back in the day.🤣🤣

I never disagreed with anyone on the security not being up to scratch, I just tried to show another perspective to the argument that is very real as well.. I get why it’s not well received.!😳.. I made broad statements about standing up for yourself or hardening up but I never attacked anyone personally.. I’m now getting comments on another thread (the comment is pretty funny and clever, I do appreciate it for that) because of what I’ve said on here.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

the internet is so sick.!🤣🤣

yeah they need to think about temp fencing off the parking areas and designated guards, and enough of them, there clearly wasn’t enough official guards.. 

nope not me.

should claim it though!

all good. enjoy jozi!

On 11/22/2023 at 1:25 PM, Michael Dewing said:

That can go wrong though as well surely..

organizers can look at the figures and the risk of outplaying more infrastructure, temp fences around parking areas, more guards etc and just not think it’s worth it and then bam, that’s that over.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Or riders can look at the unsafe venue choice, remember that last year security was an issue, and think it is just not worth it, and then bam, that’s that over…

55 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

nope not me.

should claim it though!

all good. enjoy jozi!

Aah okay cool.. enjoy the armchair tomorrow night.!. I miss obs, I lived there for a bit, down by Hartleyvale hockey stadium.. it was super Dodge..🤣🤣 hung out at armchair, cool runnings, gandalfs, one ring, waaay too much.🤦‍♂️🤣.. 

I don’t party anymore..😳🤣🤣

Today I heard some friends went to a day concert at the FNB Stadium and there two cars got broken into and some of their friends that drove to the stadium in small tour bus actually got mugged walking from the stadium to the parked cars- so this seems to be pandemic I will never go to FNB Stadium for anything That is related to my sports and leisure there are other SAFE venues and other races. 

21 minutes ago, Emazing said:

Today I heard some friends went to a day concert at the FNB Stadium and there two cars got broken into and some of their friends that drove to the stadium in small tour bus actually got mugged walking from the stadium to the parked cars- so this seems to be pandemic I will never go to FNB Stadium for anything That is related to my sports and leisure there are other SAFE venues and other races. 

Which venues would those be? I think any venue will not have a risk of petty crime, and have done. 
There have been plenty of successful events at Soccer City and Nasrec with good security. The issues people have raised are with the lack of quality from the service provider, so any other venue with the same security provider will see a similar lack of quality. 

It's not just security, one has to consider logistics and access, the North/Midrand has seen too much densification to make it practical. Worse in fact, Waterfall was a nightmare and parking your car was even more vulnerable. 

On 11/21/2023 at 10:24 AM, Shebeen said:

Why there are people still peddling this F1/Kyalami dream I will never know. Either they dont know what the FIA want, or they like believeing in Santa 

On 11/21/2023 at 10:31 AM, BaGearA said:

I'll bet GOOD money F1 will never come here 

THis track ( i can literally stand up and look at it ) is not near FIA cat 1 , it doesn't have the pull like Monaco that the FIA will look the other way. 

And when the proper inspections happen ( the ones from last year were BS ) the people are going to get robbed blind. 

That weekend will cause robbers to fly up to gauteng just come grab some pie 

I have a friend that works for a big security company , remember when that F1 expo was planned for Joburg ?( Cancelled because of covid )  He was part of the MULTIPLE teams contracted for Bottas' protection 

I wish I wasn't this negative about this country but lately its really getting at me and the saddest part is I'm not even blowing anything out of proportion 

A bit deep, but unless the FIA approve, which is very unlikely, this thing will never happen 

22 hours ago, Shebeen said:

I think saying Argus is quite fine using a sportsfield is a bit misleading, I mean the sportsfield is part of the Cape Town Stadium complex with the infrastructure that comes with it + highways + CTICC + Waterfront nearby. I think Joburg stadium is the only obvious suitable venue for the RideJoburg in the city.

All the security issues raised can be solved by employing a better security company and with some better attention to details.

I did a 94.7 at Steyn City few years back and the traffic was gridlocked for miles, we were way late for our starting groups. Last year I had a far better overall experience at the JHB stadium (as I recall the only real complaint on the hub was the sugar free Coke handed out at the finish), again I think all the issues are fixable.

On 11/24/2023 at 9:55 AM, Skubarra said:

I think saying Argus is quite fine using a sportsfield is a bit misleading, I mean the sportsfield is part of the Cape Town Stadium complex with the infrastructure that comes with it + highways + CTICC + Waterfront nearby. I think Joburg stadium is the only obvious suitable venue for the RideJoburg in the city.

All the security issues raised can be solved by employing a better security company and with some better attention to details.

I did a 94.7 at Steyn City few years back and the traffic was gridlocked for miles, we were way late for our starting groups. Last year I had a far better overall experience at the JHB stadium (as I recall the only real complaint on the hub was the sugar free Coke handed out at the finish), again I think all the issues are fixable.

Joburg Stadium as in Ellis Park 😳