@Jewbacca`s Munga 2024 Challenge / Fundraising for SPCA

DJuice

1 minute ago, DJuice said:

Chris my swaer het my op die fiets gekry...na die ride...se hy reken dit gaan jou so 12 maande vat om in shape te kom.

Klink soos n dare ... 🤪

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/9/2024 at 5:43 PM, Jewbacca said:

Happy New year everyone!

I hope you have all had a fantastic festive period and are back on the bike/exercise wagon!

An update;

Munga entry has been registered and initial payment made. Alex has been incredibly gracious and offered an early bird rate despite having sold out.

I have sat down with the saints at SPCA for a chinwag and a bit of strategic planning. A small campaign with some fun activities will be released in the lead up to CTCT.

So, as things go from here, due to your huge generosity and interest in seeing this idiot try not to die in the karoo, we are off to Munga 2024!

Thank you to everyone for making this happen and hopefully this gives us a platform to raise some much needed money for the SPCA and all they do.

What an adventure we have in store!

Dear @Jewbacca

The doggies and kitties are awaiting an update .... a CTCT update .....

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Dear @Jewbacca

The doggies and kitties are awaiting an update .... a CTCT update .....

Hi 

Sorry, been a bit inundated with life and work. 

I will pass on all of the details for the plans later this week hopefully. I will definitely be riding CTCT, the Swartberg Gran Fondo and a few other things in the pipeline this year.

Busy planning some rad stuff. 

https://radbag.co.za/ are going to provide me a high quality Bivvy Bag for my roadside naps

https://gpm-sports.co.za/cube/ have already provided a HUGE step to the start line financially and I will be meeting Matthias at the Expo to sort out some other equipment 

There is a potential collaboration with one or two other really awesome suppliers as well, so things are rolling!

I am able to ride outside now as my elbow is sufficiently healed. 

So, if you see a small bearded ape shaped man on a tiny bike in and around Cape Town over the next few months, at CTCT or Swartberg, say hi!

We received or Munga Preparation packs on Monday, so things got quite real

Edited by Jewbacca

44 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Hi 

Sorry, been a bit inundated with life and work. 

I will pass on all of the details for the plans later this week hopefully. I will definitely be riding CTCT, the Swartberg Gran Fondo and a few other things in the pipeline this year.

Busy planning some rad stuff. 

https://radbag.co.za/ are going to provide me a high quality Bivvy Bag for my roadside naps

https://gpm-sports.co.za/cube/ have already provided a HUGE step to the start line financially and I will be meeting Matthias at the Expo to sort out some other equipment 

There is a potential collaboration with one or two other really awesome suppliers as well, so things are rolling!

I am able to ride outside now as my elbow is sufficiently healed. 

So, if you see a small bearded ape shaped man on a tiny bike in and around Cape Town over the next few months, at CTCT or Swartberg, say hi!

We received or Munga Preparation packs on Monday, so things got quite real

Provisional CTCT seeding puts the two of us in the same starting shute .... with the charity groups.

We need an epic pic of a big man on a small bike next to an ou toppie on a bike dressed in pink .... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Provisional CTCT seeding puts the two of us in the same starting shute .... with the charity groups.

We need an epic pic of a big man on a small bike next to an ou toppie on a bike dressed in pink .... :ph34r:

I'm not sure where you're going to get one of those, but I'm sure there will be a few knocking about 😝

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Any more info on the progression of this? Or some bike pics?

Hey Chad

Sorry, I have been struggling with a few things this year which has taken my focus away from the early campaign.

I did ride The Swartberg Gran Fondo and the Gallows on the BMX in my jorts, so the physical side is on track for where we are in the year.

I will update with some pictures and a link to the whole shpeel ASAP.

It is definitely still on, I have just had to focus on some things close to home which have been somewhat consuming and also taken away a lot of my confidence.

I've noticed that ant sort of 'back me' or social media/attention thing is hugely reliant on confidence. 

The thought of selling myself or my actions as a 'brand' that people would like to support is currently scary and intimidating and difficult to imagine, but I am busy sorting that out.

Thank you so much for your interest, it certainly is a good positive jolt in the right direction.

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Hey Chad

Sorry, I have been struggling with a few things this year which has taken my focus away from the early campaign.

I did ride The Swartberg Gran Fondo and the Gallows on the BMX in my jorts, so the physical side is on track for where we are in the year.

It is definitely still on, I have just had to focus on some things close to home which have been somewhat consuming and also taken away a lot of my confidence.

I've noticed that ant sort of 'back me' or social media/attention thing is hugely reliant on confidence. 

The thought of selling myself or my actions as a 'brand' that people would like to support is currently scary and intimidating and difficult to imagine, but I am busy sorting that out.

Thank you so much for your interest, it certainly is a good positive jolt in the right direction.

#Keepontrucking

17 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Hey Chad

You just do your best - noting the realities of family and business commitments.

24 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Hey Chad

We are all on your side, rooting for you!

I really just want to see what contraption you have been riding 🤣

1 hour ago, Chadvdw67 said:

We are all on your side, rooting for you!

I really just want to see what contraption you have been riding 🤣

There's a photo from Gallows floating around somewhere, will see if I can find it...

Got an old school mate running his 24th Comrades Marathon this year as The Pink Fairy to raise funds the the SPCA in KWT. The things this oke has done for fundraising is just incredible, he's a special human 🤙

He's Michael John Webb on FB if you want to check how he goes about promoting his cause.

MJWebb.jpg