…it’s not about the bike!

betaboy

Very nice story, thanks. This morning during my ride I was actually wondering when will be the day when I stop cycling. After a bad crash? When my body can't do it anymore? When I cannot finance it anymore? When I get too scared of the risks? So, I decided not to think about it and just enjoy the ride as I always do. It is one of the few pleasures I still enjoy in life.

15 hours ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Thank you beautiful story about a remarkable man.  Quite an inspiration to a 75 year old like me who is not on an e-bike…yet.

A couple of years ago I did a race and enjoyed the last half of it with a oom, I could see he was older than me. Still told him to be more "relaxed" over the rocks.

At the end I was chaffed for finishing 9th in my age group until I saw he was a grand master and it wasn't a easy job keeping up with him 👌🏻

My Dad is about to turn 101. His last Argus was at age 91 odd. The record for the oldest Argus competitor is held by another guy but his was on the back of a Tandem, while my Dad at 93 pedalled himself around the peninsula on his Trek 10 speed roadbike, so to me he holds the record! Not many of us will be able to match this.....

I think he still did a 947 2 years later.

Edited by love2fly

48 minutes ago, love2fly said:

My Dad is about to turn 101. His last Argus was at age 91 odd. The record for the oldest Argus competitor is held by another guy but his was on the back of a Tandem, while my Dad at 93 pedalled himself around the peninsula on his Trek 10 speed roadbike, so to me he holds the record! Not many of us will be able to match this.....

Great stuff !

1 hour ago, love2fly said:

That is friggen awesome. Well done to your dad.

1 hour ago, babse said:

….its absolutely about the bike!

Esoecially when you're drooling over it back home! 🙂