Going to need a translation here 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Pandatron said:

Going to need a translation here 

fratsongeluk (Afrikaans) = freak accident (English)

...hierdie was dus bloot 'n fratsongelik (Afrikaans)

...this was thus basically a freak accident (English)

Won't send you a bill, first time translation for new cutomer for free...

Edited by nathrix

Shortly after the incident I read a preliminary statement from the organizers that the Taxi overtook another vehicle/was driving on the wrong side of the road in thick dust, when he (the Taxi) hit the cyclist head on. Seems this was redacted in the meantime. Was looking for that report, can't find it now.

Having previously lived in Rustenburg and having a fair bit of experience with how the Taxi's drive there, and the absolute lawlessness from their side, I can believe the above mentioned statement. 

Be it as it may, this is a tragic incident. R.I.P fellow cyclist.

9 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Shortly after the incident I read a preliminary statement from the organizers that the Taxi overtook another vehicle/was driving on the wrong side of the road in thick dust, when he (the Taxi) hit the cyclist head on. Seems this was redacted in the meantime. Was looking for that report, can't find it now.

Having previously lived in Rustenburg and having a fair bit of experience with how the Taxi's drive there, and the absolute lawlessness from their side, I can believe the above mentioned statement. 

Be it as it may, this is a tragic incident. R.I.P fellow cyclist.

Same story i heard from riders ,eyewitnesses .There is lots of room on that stretch , but i did see  construction trucks on the left .In fact i stopped and inflated my tyre on the right side watching a truck coming towards me .If you were riding in a group things get sketchy ,as there is only a small smooth line between corrugations .At speed you will most certainly slide if you make a sudden turn ,and that is what was described to me .Trying to avoid the taxi passing the truck and his bike not going where he was steering .For me the worst part was the first tar section in Britz . Some huge trucks with trailers passing me and then a group of riders with a demon chasing them coming past . As quickly as a followed them i pulled out .It felt unsafe and the front riders went down . There was another incident on the last long tar section where a car passed a truck coming towards me and was using my whole lane until the very last second it swerved back in front of the truck .  

23 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I actually saw a Trek Super caliber with Drop bars on the race, proper weapon.

This is my dream gravel weapon. If anyone has one, please let me know if it's as epic to ride in reality as it is in my imagination. 

4 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

This is my dream gravel weapon. If anyone has one, please let me know if it's as epic to ride in reality as it is in my imagination. 

I know, Trek(Bycycle line) has a sale on the 1ste gen, Super calibers, still quite steep.

3 hours ago, nathrix said:

fratsongeluk (Afrikaans) = freak accident (English)

...hierdie was dus bloot 'n fratsongelik (Afrikaans)

...this was thus basically a freak accident (English)

Won't send you a bill, first time translation for new cutomer for free...

image.jpeg.917c9644fcd4b5412da5e5debc1a29d8.jpeg

Just as well that you didn't need to translate kliënt or this cutomer might want a refund.

😁

Edited by justinafrika

1 hour ago, Mountain Bru said:

I know which I would pick...Jolanda Neff's World Championships bike is a work of art ...

One thing I would like to add, this year's t-shirt is a bit bland, my 2022 shirt is MUCH better but it's not the reason we do these.

2 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

One thing I would like to add, this year's t-shirt is a bit bland, my 2022 shirt is MUCH better but it's not the reason we do these.

Agreed on this one. The T Shirt from last year was OK, but agree that the 2022 version was better.