..don’t bother us, we closed.

Tried calling SRAM local distributor, I get an automated message that they closed between 1 and 2? Is this a Slap Stad thingy?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, betaboy said:

Tried calling SRAM local distributor, I get an automated message that they closed between 1 and 2? Is this a Slap Stad thingy?

CCS at their best.  🤣

Firstly, we don't know the demographics at CCS. There might be more than a few guys that have religious obligations during that time. 

Secondly, i also dont answer my phone during lunchtime for anyone or anything work related. Try it, its great!

Thirdly, given the state of the rest of SA compared to the WC, call us what you like, you dont know what we do 😅

Edited by MORNE

9 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Firstly, we don't know the demographics at CCS. There might be more than a few guys that have religious obligations during that time. 

Secondly, i also dont answer my phone during lunchtime for anyone or anything work related. Try it, its great!

Thirdly, given the state of the rest of SA compared to the WC, call us what you like, you dont know what we do 😅

image.png.ca5381f83fdfcbc0a9774ff0c8bc6c8f.png

17 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Secondly, i also dont answer my phone during BIKEHUB time for anyone or anything work related. Try it, it’s great!

Fixed

15 minutes ago, MORNE said:

.. it’s just, ….I heard Cyril say.. SA is open for business! LOL. I assume WC didn’t get the memo? LOL. It’s all good.😃

33 minutes ago, MORNE said:

If you have been ANYWHERE near cycling in the past 25 years, your path would have crossed Cape Cycle Systems.
And if you tell me you have had a good experience, you would be the first guy I heard off.

I hope I did not bother your mid afternoon mid January midlife nap..........

Heeeeeeey bru, howzit?!?! (Cape Town surfer/stoner voice).

Don't be jelly man... here in Cape Town we get money for barely working, beautiful beaches, scenery, mountains to plow down on our MTBs... also, you can grow dagga year-round... so what if the supplier is closed for a few hours a day bro?

Sit back, relax and enjoy the view... (oh wait you only have a heap of toxic mine waste as the closest thing to mountains up in Jozie).

🤣🤣🤣

P.S. The Gallows are beckoning, pitch forks are getting sharpened, and torches are getting lit... So herewith the obligatory: "JUST KIDDING!" 🏳️

That said, I'm sure there is logic behind this, perhaps they are understaffed, and the break over lunch time (like we all are required to take by law), is a welcome pause...

You can imagine with how busy the main distributor of SRAM must be in SA at times... I've had good luck with reaching out to companies via mail or their Instagram pages in the past, have you explored these alternative avenues of making contact with them too?

Edited by 440MTB

6 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

If you have been ANYWHERE near cycling in the past 25 years, your path would have crossed Cape Cycle Systems.
And if you tell me you have had a good experience, you would be the first guy I heard off.

Apologies if your response was meant "tongue-in-cheek" or in jest... but I see this as a prime example of how the anonymity of sitting behind your keyboard, makes you respond with unwarranted malice/aggression/in a brash manner, towards people you don't know... do you speak to everyone this way my guy?  Doesn't take much to see that Morné's comment was made light heartedly.

A little respect can go a long way in life. 😄

Edited by 440MTB

1 minute ago, 440MTB said:

Apologies if your response was meant "tongue-in-cheek" or in jest... but I see this as a prime example of how the anonymity of sitting behind your keyboard, makes you respond with unwarranted malice/aggression/in a brash manner, towards people you don't know... do you speak to everyone this way my guy?

A little respect can go a long way in life. 😄

🤣
Now the Capie wakes fully and encage.........

5 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

🤣
Now the Capie wakes fully and encage.........

Not really phased or "uncaged" (not even sure what you mean here)... but you seem like you've got a big wooden spoon in hand, or hide behind your keyboard to be a douche towards people you don't even know?

I also stated "apologies if your response was meant "tongue-in-cheek"/in jest... but instead of clarifying, you antagonize with nonsensical comebacks which don't even makes sense to be honest.

Edited by 440MTB

9 minutes ago, 440MTB said:

Don't be jelly man... here in Cape Town we get money for barely working, beautiful beaches, scenery, mountains to plow down on our MTBs... also, you can grow dagga year-round... so what if the supplier is closed for a few hours a day bro?

It's okay.  No harm.  No foul.

For whatever reason they are not available, in the time they have not responded, I have done my order online and will get the shipment later next week.

No worries.  
Keep on taking it easy.  
😉

18 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Dealt with them 3 weeks ago. Experience was fine. Got what i wanted, when i wanted it. No hassles. 

No bother at all, and sorry you feel so aggrieved about your midlife situation🤷🏻‍♂️ 

☺️  

4 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

It's okay.  No harm.  No foul.

For whatever reason they are not available, in the time they have not responded, I have done my order online and will get the shipment later next week.

No worries.  
Keep on taking it easy.  
😉

All good...

But for the sake of curiosity (lets call it an attempt to understand the psychology behind people on the internet)... do you realize your response was perceived as rude/uncalled for/passive aggressive towards someone who clearly said something light heartedly? 

You must be fun in peak traffic when behind the wheel? 🙂

Edited by 440MTB

55 minutes ago, MORNE said:

I don't buy that one*.

They're large enough to be open. A large distributor really needs to be open to phonecalls during office hours, if not it will have a material affect on the bottom line.

LBS is always open during lunchtime, because often people will pop in during their lunchhour. Therefore the distributor needs to be open too to field stock phonecalls. Can't get it from CCS, well then off to Omnico we go?

*I do know of an LBS in my vicinity that is owned by people of XYZ religion and they are always closed on the time that XYZ religion deems it to be holy so they go to their XYZ religion place of worship. I'm sure plenty of people have over the years tried to go there during this time, and they have lost out on business. The plus side is they were normally the only shop open when ABC, EFG religions would be closed so they picked it up there. things have moved on now and bikeshops are way more retail hours (when do they ride?!).

I can't believe people still follow ABC, EFG, XYZ or any other religion in this day and age, and let it affect their business to such an extent.  but I guess this is not the place for that discussion because people will get offended by someone touching them on their ABC, EFG, XYZ studio.

It's only Wednesday and there's an early Friday thread already:ph34r::thumbup:...

Dealt with CCS a few times and have nothing but pleasant experiences to report back. Maybe you just aren't used to the way of business in of "slaapstad"? 
[Note the italics, indicating sarcasm.]