Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

Yes i guess it up to the individual whether or not he/she want to to do the ride.

Me for one, i usually finish both bottles during a race so dehydration/fatigue will most certainly get better of me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, MSA said:

Yes i guess it up to the individual whether or not he/she want to to do the ride.

Me for one, i usually finish both bottles during a race so dehydration/fatigue will most certainly get better of me.

Yeah I don’t see it as being to good for the body

5 hours ago, throttles said:

Must do a petition 🥷

Bell Airs and MJC must go look for moon first 😅

Or a 3am start group so the fast fasters can get in by sunrise...

Or they just prepared to take a +- 10% drop in revenue

That's only with 1500 less riders 

Will be interesting 

If they do a deep dive into the numbers and it's significantly higher than what they predicted and affect there bottom line substantially, then they will probably consider adjusting the date.

For me it will probably be longer than a 4 yr break.

I'll be joining in the @ group by them😂

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

Yip. You could do this if you wanted to.

I initially thought I might do this and make a fun day out of it. Always wanted to do a fun Argus one year. Then i just realised the fun part would actually be stopping at the feed stations and indulging in the food and drinks there. So yeah, I won’t be doing it. Will probably do my fun Argus in 2027 given that we’d only be a few days after fast so wont be fit.

Hashim Amla scored a triple hundred during Ramadan.

Doing my best not turn this into a religious debate, but my common sense meter is redlining.

https://www.vox.com/2017/5/25/11851766/what-is-ramadan-muslim-islam-about

Doing any of those things "invalidates" your fast for the day, and you just start over the next day. To make up for days you didn't fast, you can either fast later in the year (either all at once or a day here and there) or provide a meal to a person in need for each day you missed.

seems like 

a group of fasting riders could ride together slowly, as a charity batch. Surely that can be a "sacrifice", and you could always make up the day earlier or later? Great opportunity for a food drive.

(or ebikes going to go like hotcakes).

Theoretical discussion anyway - date is set, not going to move for 2025

Sure all options were considered but in the end not feasible, pity, a bummer for the muslim riders 😔

Congratulations to the Cape Town city Cape Council run by the DA. The race was incredibly well organized. There were no criminals loitering at the finish or for that matter there were no criminals along the way we all felt safe and everyone was happy and the organizers for the Johannesburg 94.7 can learn a lot about proper security, proper policing and keeping criminals away instead of employing fat Usless Good For Nothing Security staff that are nothing more than their brothers and sisters coming for a free lunch ! 

2 hours ago, Forthefun said:

Congratulations to the Cape Town city Cape Council run by the DA. The race was incredibly well organized. There were no criminals loitering at the finish or for that matter there were no criminals along the way we all felt safe and everyone was happy and the organizers for the Johannesburg 94.7 can learn a lot about proper security, proper policing and keeping criminals away instead of employing fat Usless Good For Nothing Security staff that are nothing more than their brothers and sisters coming for a free lunch ! 

Sadly you are right. The 94.7 race has degenerated in to a farce along with the whole of Jhb with it. I hope the people on here have been exposed to what an ANC lead government can do when they are voting in the coming elections. Given that I rode with the club that started the race originally and grew it to the second largest in South Africa its also evidence of what happens when politicians and non cyclists take over these events.

If you ever have ridden the last 10 years or so routes you truly would wonder what they are trying to showcase. Jhb's urban decay and highways? WTF? You would never cycle there. It used to be a much better route.

Hopefully it dies a painless death very soon. Along with it the ANC ruling party and Cyril....

11 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

can we keep the depressing political commentary out of this thread please

100%

How would the organisers know how many riders would be affected by Ramadan besides a possible educated guess ... or is it a question asked at entry in the past (I cannot imagine it was), I can't see any other way to identify them

Don't mind me though just thinking out loud ...