The New Skyrim - Titan Racing’s biggest, meanest, and raddest bike reborn

News bot

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

extra utility mount = bottle cage, or something else?

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_1079.jpeg

IMG_1081.jpeg

IMG_1080.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Is that a new farm gate?

Yes, a plastic one!

(ps: I've actually had it for 4 months now..time flies when having fun right)

Edited by MORNE

4 hours ago, Baracuda said:

Looks great but how much does that puppy weigh?

Good Question, my wife has a Previous gen Small 27.5 version and it is heavy.

It's a 140/130 or 150/140mm trail bike with decent tyres and aluminimum frame. If it comes in UNDER 16kg you are 100% winning :)

It's NOT a XCO/M race bike with poopoo geo and componentry for the  average rider, nor does it have bespoke lightweight componentry (what can you expect given the nice low price point).

More ppl in RSA need to be riding bikes of the 130.140 rear travel and whining less about how "technical' that trail is on their race bike designed for the actual elite riders who can handle them.

1 hour ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Good Question, my wife has a Previous gen Small 27.5 version and it is heavy.

Mine is on order in a Medium, Im not too concerned about weight of the bike. I carry enough extra weight around my mid section to be able to justify having a light Trail bike. If it comes in under around 16kg without pedals, I would be happy with that. 

Much like an E-Bike, some extra weight in the right places can make a bike very, very confidence inspiring. 

The weight is also way less important as 'most' people using the bike for it's intended application winch the bike up the hills and bomb descents.

There are likely knee pads round the ankles and a lot of chatting (and complaining) while in super easy gears climbing back up to the trail head.

It's a trail bike, it climbs 'well' and descends better.... The wheel/tire/insert/sealant combo is probably 5.5kg or more anyway!

Jeepers, these are the sorts of answers one would expect on a dating website to the question "how much do you weigh?", not on a cycling forum

I just wanna know the weight of the bike, not that I should ignore weight and rather focus on feel and wear knee pads during proceedings...

5 minutes ago, Baracuda said:

Jeepers, these are the sorts of answers one would expect on a dating website to the question "how much do you weigh?", not on a cycling forum

I just wanna know the weight of the bike, not that I should ignore weight and rather focus on feel and wear knee pads during proceedings...

We will be able to confirm actual weights as soon as production bikes arrive. We prefer to quote actual weight, rather than something our marketing team dreamt up smoking unicorn dust.

1 minute ago, Titan Racing Bikes said:

We will be able to confirm actual weights as soon as production bikes arrive. We prefer to quote actual weight, rather than something our marketing team dreamt up smoking unicorn dust.

Please rather quote the mass...not everybody is going to be able to read the Newton valuefor weight and relate it to mass they are expecting 😘

I bought the Stumpy EVO Alloy Comp back in November, and it is a very capable bike. In terms of weight I comes in at around 17kg for size S5(XL) but I don't feel the weight. It has mullet wheels and a 30t chain ring so it pedals really easy up a hill. Of course it isn't a fast pedal bike but it flies on trails. That being said if I hadn't done that purchase I would seriously be considering the Skyrim Elite. Yes it's around 7k more on the recommended selling price but the spec on the drive train is higher. Titan Racing have specced the SRAM GX while the Stumpy has NX. As for the suspension its the same. Both have Fox 36 and Float X, although the Stumpy is 160/150 and Titan 150/140. This bike on paper looks to be a serious contender at the price point and modern geometry. Well done to Titan Racing for launching such a solid product.

9 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I bought the Stumpy EVO Alloy Comp back in November, and it is a very capable bike. In terms of weight I comes in at around 17kg for size S5(XL) but I don't feel the weight. It has mullet wheels and a 30t chain ring so it pedals really easy up a hill. Of course it isn't a fast pedal bike but it flies on trails. That being said if I hadn't done that purchase I would seriously be considering the Skyrim Elite. Yes it's around 7k more on the recommended selling price but the spec on the drive train is higher. Titan Racing have specced the SRAM GX while the Stumpy has NX. As for the suspension its the same. Both have Fox 36 and Float X, although the Stumpy is 160/150 and Titan 150/140. This bike on paper looks to be a serious contender at the price point and modern geometry. Well done to Titan Racing for launching such a solid product.

Thanks 👊

We'll be here come upgrade time. 😎