the unofficial UCI Mountain Bike World Cup thread

nathrix

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

We can forget about another World Cup for a long while. The people that conquer all dropped that ball spectacularly.

Really? I thought they did a pretty good job and it was the UCI who chose not to come back

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Really? I thought they did a pretty good job and it was the UCI who chose not to come back

Eeeer no….

the narrative was the all conquerors wanted a bigger and better event for 2019 and 2020 and wanted to skip 2019 to make that “vision” a reality. 
the event wasn’t listed on the 2019 or 2020 calendars so covid was not a factor.

basically they skipped out of the 3years contract probably because it didn’t make money in its first year. 
there was some disagreement with the UCI about the time of year for the event. GSM wanted it to coincide with the ACE and UCI felt the gap between Stellenbosch and Nove Mesto in May was too big. 
Ultimately, I’m guessing it had more to do with financial terms that the contract was ultimately cancelled.

5 minutes ago, rock said:

last world cup for Minnaar this weekend........end of an era.

how long will his world cup win tally remain at #1?

Big weekend for sa mountain biking 

Candice is in with a shout at winning the XCO overall. The XCC is already Keller’s.

Alan can win the XCC overall but it’s a long shot. Vic has to finish 9th or lower with Alan winning.

the XCO overall is Alan’s to lose so as long has he scores more than Vic it’s his. If not then he just has to track him Finish behind Victor. 
Greg’s last race 

Luke’s last race in U23 too. He steps up

to Elite XCO next year 

the prospect of RSA owning both women’s and men’s XCO overall titles is mouth watering 

19 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Big weekend for sa mountain biking 

Candice is in with a shout at winning the XCO overall. The XCC is already Keller’s.

Alan can win the XCC overall but it’s a long shot. Vic has to finish 9th or lower with Alan winning.

the XCO overall is Alan’s to lose so as long has he scores more than Vic it’s his. If not then he just has to track him Finish behind Victor. 
Greg’s last race 

Luke’s last race in U23 too. He steps up

to Elite XCO next year 

the prospect of RSA owning both women’s and men’s XCO overall titles is mouth watering 

Luke Moir 3rd for the U23 XCC!! 

23 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

It would appear, if DSTV can be trusted with what they say, they will be broadcasting live this weekend ... 😎

Yip, I see it on the schedule from around 23:00 Friday night

Am very much enjoying the insights in this year's Eurosport DH coverage production with more rider insights into their prep and personal approaches to competition.  

Edited by justinafrika

On 10/3/2024 at 12:19 PM, rock said:

has a privateer ever sealed an overall title? This could be something special.

I had to consult Wiki and No, it hasn’t been won by a privateer ever