Garmin Fenix 8

IceCreamMan

Seems the launch date is end of August/beginning of September. Further rumour has it that the Epix range will be discontinued as the Fenix will have an Amoled screen with one model the Fenix e being mips.

pricing looks to start around 1000 dollars for amoled versions and 700 for the mips version. 

Caveat: all the above is to be confirmed at this point, but with the sales on the current Fenix and epix range indicates launch is imminent. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What extra features do you think it will get? LTE / cellular? I don't think so, but that would be amazing. Leave the phone at home, and still be able to receive emergency texts and broadcast location. Unlikely though.

More smartphone capabilities probably, to close the gap to Apple watches etc on that front. Though I don't think most hardcore sportspeople need much more than it currently offers.

These damn watches are becoming like smart phones. Every year there is something bigger and "better", you simply cannot keep up.

I have a FR955, which means I'm already a model behind (They appared within a year of one another. Reviews of the 965 states don't bother upgrading unles syou need the AMOLED screen). So I anticipate the arrival of the 975, which means I'll be 2 models behind.

My FR955 is working well. I see the battery life, however, is starting to shortened already.

I must agree with you, the amount of info these gadgets give is just mind boggling, in Feb I purchased a FR965 and its overwhelming with all the information (Do I really need all that? I know not on the level that I am, I don't) Now my watch tells me when I had a bad night's rest when I wake-up like a bear with a sore tooth.

38 minutes ago, Hilton. said:

What extra features do you think it will get? LTE / cellular? I don't think so, but that would be amazing. Leave the phone at home, and still be able to receive emergency texts and broadcast location. Unlikely though.

More smartphone capabilities probably, to close the gap to Apple watches etc on that front. Though I don't think most hardcore sportspeople need much more than it currently offers.

I would like to see LTE, working ECG (UK) and usb c charging, ( hate carrying different cables) , similar battery range to the current Fenix but with amoled screen.  Even then I would be hard pressed to take out my wallet. 

I currently have the 7 which I bought in Feb of 2022. It’s an incredible device. Can’t fault it and works flawlessly , even the battery has shown no discernible degradation. 

I guess I am a few models behind. Still using my red and white 920 xt and it tells me everything I need and battery still gets me through IM. I realy realy hope it does not die anytime soon.

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2024 at 12:37 PM, Hilton. said:

you are still going to need a phone, you must have that photo on every ride its a must.😉

• 2 weeks later...

DC must have authorised the launch as it’s currently live. 😂

Edited by IceCreamMan