Curve go to a 36’er 😝

betaboy

I dig the idea of a 36er. Quite a few options across the waters but never over here. Hopefully the tides have changed!

8 hours ago, Wynando said:

I dig the idea of a 36er. Quite a few options across the waters but never over here. Hopefully the tides have changed!

My oh my .......................... we're heading back to the pennyfarthing 🤙

Its probably great for eating up the miles
Cant be too good on tight corners though.
And I wonder what the wheels do to gearing, which are built around current wheel size.

For the love of all that is holy, please say this won't happen. The LAST thing the industry needs at this stage is another wheel-size revolution. I know the 36er has been around for a while, but let's keep it on show bikes till 2036.

there is no way we can resist this...bigger wheels are coming...maybe not 36ers but a 32" is definitely on the cards and makes a lot of sense on a gravel bike, especially for taller riders...watch this space..

the same was said about 29ers...

40 minutes ago, Headshot said:

And there I was thinking things could not get stupider. 

Never say never. 
it seems that Evolution has a few caveats. 

Not sure why all the hate exists. 

Like anything, you can't mock it till you've tried it!

I mean, this week alone I've seen 17" mags on a golf 1 and low profile tires on a Defender 90... Different things appeal to different people (closes door and rides off on his 20" bike)

22 minutes ago, Stretched@Birth said:

How did they get that wheel into that bike stand?  Something looks off... ?

BikeStand.png

Custom made stands it seems. All found  on 36th street!🤭

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

Not sure why all the hate exists. 

Like anything, you can't mock it till you've tried it!

I mean, this week alone I've seen 17" mags on a golf 1 and low profile tires on a Defender 90... Different things appeal to different people (closes door and rides off on his 20" bike)

I’d love to sample one to feel the feel and of course that new wheelbase. Sure your turning circle changes but I reckon comfort would be hero here but I think tires will hover around the 780gms a piece🤔. Interesting times but let’s get to the new format from WTB first.🤓

17 hours ago, betaboy said:

I’m sure 1 litre of tubeless sealant per tire should have you covered! 🤪

IMG_7160.jpeg

old story.

this is from 2020

https://bikepacking.com/bikes/curve-titanosaur-36er/

e did have a specific application in mind when we dreamed it up, but we’re not pretending we’re innovators or first to the party here. In fact, 36ers have been around for a long time. There are rad companies out there designing and building 36ers for very tall folks. Companies like Blacksheep in the USA, Truebikes in Slovakia, and Tractor Bikes in Western Australia. We have also reached out to an Italian company making 36er carbon hoops, Alchemist. They very kindly supported our idea and are sending some hoops for us to build up.